Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help me!!entry way and living room!
rayba_101
January 14, 2013 in Design Dilemma
It's just plain boring..the suggestion u give plz be rent friendly...I was looking for decals and some painting to put on the sofa wall but I just don't know wat to do..plzz help me I seriously do need it.also wat kind of theme should the dinning table be?i have received some really good suggestion before from this app.so plzz help me and also if u can send me links to anything tat u think will suits my situation plz do...I'm ever so thank ful.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Design Square
I can not see a clear division into zones. Can focus on the light. Hang low over the table lamp. the table is too harsh in comparison with standing next to the bed. If you do not want to change it add fabrics in natural colors. If you are thinking to hang on the wall behind the bed, a picture, remember that was big. The image has attracted further accentuate the eyes and relaxation area. Small picture will not be able to compete with a large sofa. Good Luck! Katie.
January 14, 2013 at 2:58am   
PRO
Dytecture
I agree with trying to define the 2 spaces, perhaps place an area rug and larger paintings in the dining area.
January 14, 2013 at 7:20am   
claudiann
I would add more curtain panels. Add a floor lamp in the dining area. Maybe something funky and colorful to add some color. I would maybe angle the table add some candles on it and a plant at the base of the floor lamp. You could use another floor lamp at the end of the couch. Get some gallery wrapped canvases at Michaels. You don't need frames with gallery wrapped. They are very light to hang. Buy some inexpensive craft paint and look on Pinterest, etsy, or eBay, for some fun colorful abstract art ideas. Just make sure they are big. Look on Pinterest for some cool ways to show photos. Display some you have or take some. Supposedly staples will blow up black and white photos for not much money. Maybe put bookshelves on each side of tv.
January 14, 2013 at 8:53pm     
Kimberly Hogan_Castillo
Add a rustic divider behind the couch that is in front of dining-room & pictures..Plants!!!! Area rugs...
January 14, 2013 at 9:34pm   
Kimberly Hogan_Castillo
Ps.your rug matches in the dining room & table size..
January 14, 2013 at 9:35pm   
Carrie
Here's my 2 cents worth. Change out the baskets to all white (in tv stand). Change out drapes to a neutral, textured white. In the dining area, add a burnt orange table runner to the table, an all white centerpiece and change out your art work to include a group of 9 12x12 art in metal frames. Use different colours in reds, yellows, oranges and whites but the same frame. If you can, move your couch down towards the window and turn your table the other way. It seems too long to be in that space.
January 15, 2013 at 5:33am     
rayba_101
Thank u soo much...finally something I can understand.ur suggestions r really something to think abt.thank u so much
January 15, 2013 at 5:55am   
rayba_101
Carrie guenette if u have any other suggestion let me know.and also wat u think I can put a console table in the entry way..
January 15, 2013 at 5:57am   
PRO
A Crew of Two
rent friendly ideas......you could change out the dining light fixture, just be sure to keep the old one so you can put it back up. Anchor the two spaces with rugs- solid color under the dining table in a fun color....red for flash or gray is neutral maybe? Turn the table the long way- it looks like it is not centered in the space. Lower the artwork- it is a good foot too high. Your window panels are too skimpy- you need more of them. Your curtain rod is too skimpy as well for that length of door. Take the rod all the way to the ceiling and out to the two walls and place the panels so the door looks centered. I don't think color matters as much as the placement. The area rug for the living area should be in a neutral color and pattern- make sure it is large enough to go from sofa to entertainment cabinet and from one end of the sofa to the other. Add some floor plants, wicker/rattan baskets. Over the sofa, i prefer groupings of pics over one large piece. A shelf is a great way to display favorite things as well.
January 15, 2013 at 6:20am   
rayba_101
Kklington thank u soo much
January 15, 2013 at 6:22am   
PRO
A Crew of Two
cont'd Just make sure the shelves are anchored to the wall correctly. Add some throws over the sofa to warm the room up- something with texture in a lighter or brighter color. A floor lamp would be awesome as well. The room seems dark. Little touches will make the rooms more homey and feel like yours.
January 15, 2013 at 6:27am     
rayba_101
Kklington..thanks and should I put the shelves near the window or near the tv?sorry for bugging u but I really like ur idea...
January 15, 2013 at 6:30am   
PRO
A Crew of Two
I would put the shelves over the sofa......just high enough not to hit your head, your sofa seems deep enough that this would not be a problem really. I would say at least 2 - 2 1/2 feet above for the lowest one. Pottery Barn has some gorgeous ones. You could get 2 or 3 depending on the size- just do not go skimpy- your sofa is large scale anything without some 'weight' to it will look skimpy- i.e. glass. That's why i chose the ones in the pic.
January 15, 2013 at 6:57am     
rayba_101
Hey just another question should I get a white ladder bookshelves or black bookshelves,im thinking of getting two of them and putting them one on each side of the tv console so I mean which one would look better.im also thinking of getting those floating shelves so just let me know if its a good idea....thank u soooooo much everyone.
January 16, 2013 at 5:53pm   
PRO
A Crew of Two
i like the ladder bookshelves- black would look best i think, but brighten them up with glassware, bright bookcovers etc It's going to look great!
January 16, 2013 at 6:14pm   
PRO
A Crew of Two
drapes, coffee table
January 16, 2013 at 6:21pm   
rayba_101
Once again Thank u!!
January 16, 2013 at 6:21pm   
rayba_101
With the floating shelves should I add some framed art??
January 16, 2013 at 6:29pm   
PRO
A Crew of Two
Yes...for sure
January 16, 2013 at 6:36pm