Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help for my kitchen
AmIn
January 14, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I want to make my Design improve stronger how can I do that?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
charleee
I don't care for the tile above the cabinets, I would start by removing that. Add colorful accessories to your countertops. Your floor is gorgeous!
2 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 5:17AM
feeny
I like the design of your kitchen, Amin. I can't quite tell--is it a photograph or a computer mock up?
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 5:23AM
PRO
Design Mode
I like the floor and backsplash together. And I like the display shelf, although I think it should be one colour.
The problem I see is that your drawer front colours are too randomly placed, so my eye that appreciates symmetry and pattern is instead bouncing all over. Aaahhh!!!! Make it stop.
So, do one colour on top, the other on the bottom; or do all the boxes one colour with the fronts the other - just be consistent.
The tall pantry beside your cooktop could be more symmetrically placed, flanking it with the wall ovens, for example. Then you could separate the cooking area from the cool display shelves.
Is this a rendering?
2 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 5:35AM
PRO
Dytecture
I agree with Design Mode with perhaps all black for the base cabinets and white for the uppers to provide a stronger design. I would not have the tall storage (beside the cooktop) in the middle of a kitchen as it cuts off workable surfaces.

4 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 6:33AM
PRO
AmIn
Dear my friends this is a render
I am just reading your comments
Thank you
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 10:43AM
Sara Parker
I love your design. Wouldn't change a thing. Hope you can find the materials!
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 12:47PM
PRO
Crestview Homes,LLC
Black and White can be a very sophisticated, sexy and urbane design concept.
I agree that the interplay of the two in this room feels somewhat random and because each of the elements is outlined by its complememtary shade, the effect is very busy and somwhat erratic.
I think the simplest and most cost effective thing you could do is replace the white refrigerator panels with black ones, if this is at all possible on your model fridge. if the handles can be changed, then do that as well.

Next in order, I would remove or cover the top two and a half rows of your wall tile with the same white color of the ceiling ( the line above your cabinets). if removal is a problem you could cover with white laminate. You might even consider painting the ceiling black, in which case the same rows of tile would be covered in black. This can be an ultr sophisticated look the actually makes the ceiling sort of disappear. But it mut be done in the right environment lest it feel oppressive.

Next I would replace the existing square tiles with larger format glass tile, much like the photo posted by Dytecture, above. However maybe white or pale gray ( like the counter top). Something with a minimum of movement in it. Painted glass sheets can be beautiful ( but costly). There is also a new porcelain product that comes in slab size sheets only 1/8" thick . That could be applied directly over the existing tile. This must be done by a contractor experienced in cutting and handling this very fine material, as the edges can flake when cut, if the correct blade is not used.

I agree with others that the tall element should be moved, as it impedes the cooking workspace. If that is in the budget, why not have it placed over the w/d?
The washer & dryer: can you hide those in any way? you are probably not in the market to replace these costly appliances, but ASKO makes a model that is deigned to take cabinet panels.

One last thing: what is the funny exhaust tube over the corner upper cabinet? is that cabinet concealing an on demand water heater?
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 1:43PM
PRO
AmIn
Thank you sara Parker
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 2:21PM
Matteo Dezigns
Amin, the design of the kitchen is great! Its modern and unique. However, the color of the tiles is what im not sure about. If you want a high tech look, consider stainless subway tile. I also think if you choose a white tile with a random pattern of black tiles could also be very nice. The floor is awesome!
www.matteodezigns.com
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 6:23PM
PRO
AmIn
Thanks for your cooperation dear my friends
Thank you Matteo Dezigns
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 3:28AM
rluchinski
I wonder if it would work to paint the tiles black?
1 Like   January 15, 2013 at 4:49AM
PRO
Susan Jablon Mosaics
Hi Amin,
If this is something you're really going to create in your home, I wouldn't change anything except the wall tile. I think the cabinets are cool, and I actually like how the black and white colors are a little random. It's very modern. the tile, however, because of it's color and size, looks old, even in a rendering. I agree with olldbobbi that the tile should not extend above the cabinets. If you're worried about that empty space, then extend the upper cabinets to the ceiling instead. I suggest either a much smaller square tile, or a long linear tile. Stainless steel would look good, but it might be a little too cold. Below are some images of tile from our site that would look cool and modern. We also carry mosaics in a basket weave pattern that would match the design of the wood flooring. http://www.susanjablon.com
1 Like   January 15, 2013 at 6:50AM
Aja Mazin
I love the tile above the cabinets,

I detest glass mosaic.

Use black for all cabinet fronts, shelves, and appliances.
1 Like   January 15, 2013 at 7:04AM
PRO
Architect Andrew Morrall
The floor appears to be a shiny porcelain, you might consider integrating this element more into the overall design. I agree, the backsplash tiles could be a place to start. Here is an example where the backsplash has more subtle contrast, allowing the rest of the Kithen to 'pop'.

1 Like   January 15, 2013 at 7:22AM
PRO
AmIn
Dear my friends, I will survey all of your tenders and then make a decision
Thank you
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 11:05AM
PRO
ShamikoDesign
Just change the yellow tile walls to tinted glass all around.
1 Like   January 15, 2013 at 11:22AM
groveraxle
Take upper cabinets all the way to the ceiling.
1 Like   January 15, 2013 at 11:29AM
PRO
AmIn
thank you all my friends
0 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 7:49AM
vlvc
Amin, is the corner cabinet covering a tankless water heater or just a duct?
1 Like   February 10, 2013 at 8:30AM
PRO
AmIn
It is covering a package
0 Likes   February 11, 2013 at 11:14AM
PRO
nFORMAL design
Amin,

The rendering is pretty decent, but there are some fundamental design issues with color choice, etc. I have no issues with the black/white scheme as we do a lot of black and white conversion varnish or lacquer. Great look! However, I agree with those above who said either all one color or one color top and one color bottom. That being said, I would also use a more potent "pop" to the backsplash and tile above.

Also, just like any material, there are good and bad examples of all of them. I wouldn't necessarily shy away from glass tile as someone wrote. But, use good judgement and pics something that fits. A glass/stone/stainless linear mosaic could be pretty nice if you don't want to reach out for a color pop.
1 Like   February 11, 2013 at 11:31AM
PRO
AmIn
thank you nFORMAL design
0 Likes   February 11, 2013 at 11:59AM