powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Stuck on the kitchen backsplash, glass or tile? Light or Dark?
notting
January 14, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I am in need of guidance on my backsplash. I will have moderate white SW 6140 cabinets, Juperana Persia granite, Macadamia SW 6142 Walls, Jacobean stained white oak floor. I want a subway tile backsplash of some kind, but do I go dark as in brown or do I go light, cream or off white? Some of the pictures below are inspiration pics. American Olean will be the brand
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Gabberts Design Studio
Could you post pictures of your actual room? That would be helpful.
January 14, 2013 at 5:39AM   
notting
stock photo of kitchen layout for house plan
January 14, 2013 at 5:58AM   
PRO
Design Mode
I like your choices so far.
Do you like high, medium, or little contrast in your decorating?
I used to work in a Tile & Flooring showroom, so I would suggest you take a few samples home to look at them overnight, along with a cupboard door and wall paint chip.
I think you are headed in the right direction with the cream, or medium-light brown subway tiles, that complement your counter. Take home shiny and honed finishes, too. Look at things that stretch your "design boundaries," and you will decide what you really want.
You could do a glass tile feature over your cooking area. And a coordinating listello everywhere.
January 14, 2013 at 6:28AM   
notting
Thank you for helping me. This project has been such a challenge we are overseas and can't get home until closing my mom sent me paint chips in the mail but other than that I have the pics on houzz with wonderful people like you that post pics and help out . It will be exciting to see finished product
January 14, 2013 at 6:43AM   
Norma Sassone
There is already so much white, Melissa. Unless you have some contrasting colors in your accessories, I think it will be a bit bland with white subway tile. If you don't want to commit to a color perhaps a neutral like tan or grey glass tiles?
January 14, 2013 at 7:01AM     
notting
Thank you norma I see what you are saying
January 14, 2013 at 7:05AM   
PRO
Dytecture
I agree to provide some color contrast against the whitish kitchen.

January 14, 2013 at 7:25AM     
PRO
Granite Transformations
I'd say go with a dark brown subway tile.

We have a few colors that I think you might like, you can view. I think the Noir would be perfect, you can check it out here- http://www.granitetransformations.com/southjersey/products/mosaic-tiles/colors/subway/
January 14, 2013 at 7:31AM     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.