Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with design of shower and sink in master bath
stackie59
January 14, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I need help with design of our small master bath. The shower will be 36 by 36 when finished. This leaves us approximately 36 inches to corner of wall for our sink. To add to the dilemna the window in picture is only 29 inches from floor which does not include trim. Glass wall, half wall, no wall. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dona Olson
I have the same problem, ours is bigger.I hope some one helps you. then maybe i can get and idea on my bathroom
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 6:50AM
stackie59
This is the second time I have posted this. I hope someone will help!
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 7:38AM
PRO
Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
I'm a sucker for this kind of challange. Ineed some more info. What sort of shower are you installing? One thing I can suggest is that you tile the entire room, floor to ceiling and use a sink and free standing vanity with a simple tailored look. Use a "bottom up" shade on the window so that the lower portion is always shielded. Use a floor material that is a little lighter than the walls and installl on the diagonal. Use a recessed medicine cabinet or wall mounted round or curvy mirror., not a square or rectangle. Include some detail on the ceiling that will play with the natural light like a small band painted on the ceiling running around the entire room. You can paint the band on by using painters tape and some silver or bronze paint. Place the band about 3-6" into the room from the walls.
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 7:56AM
stackie59
Thank you so so much for responding. I have attached a photo of the floor plan. As you can see, there is another space where we are putting a vanity(no sink) I probably should probably use the same type of wood on that as the sink area Right? Can you give me a suggestion as to where to find good ideas for the vanity and sink. I have been searching everywhere.The shower is the dilemna for us.On the sink facing wall: do we just have glass with glass door or a half wall with glass. Our ceiling is actually a little interesting because it curves down towards the window wall (eave on outside of house) so the detail would be extremely cool!

Thanks again.
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 2:48PM
stackie59
Here is a picture of tile I picked out(not ordered) and I am questioning this now. I had picked out the darker for the floor and lighter for walls
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 2:49PM
PRO
Mountain Timber Design, Inc.
You can install a pedistal sink and have some separation from the window.
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 2:52PM
stackie59
I am not sure about a pedestal sink. Because of how small the bathroom is I was thinking I should match it to the other vanity and not add another texture. Any ideas on what to do about the shower wall? Thank you.
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 3:53PM
PRO
Mountain Timber Design, Inc.
If you have a free standing sink (like an antique with a bowl sink on it) then glass to the floor is pretty good because it shows of the side off the antique.

If you have a built-in vanity then a half wall probably works the best. The counter top height vs window can be handled with a drop of countertop to well below the bottom of the window casing ...that you can put rolled up towels in and get separation(6"?) between the window and the 36" countertop (make sense?).
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 4:13PM