Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Living room : lighting and more color
Monika
January 14, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I like our living room for it's calm feeling, but I'd like to cheer it up a little. I like pastel colours. The lighting is also not satisfying. Any suggestions other than an colourful area rug?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
collettec
I would consider adding some muted colors, perhaps the color of the drapes or the picture behind the chair, not sure if it is a light blue - to some of the decor items. For instance, a switch to color perhaps soft muted blue or blue green or the color you have in the drapes in things like pillows and throws as well as art above the table near the drapes, and coffee table decor as well as the rug. Really like what you've done so far!
January 14, 2013 at 8:41am   
decoenthusiaste
Since you already have the apricot?? draperies, I'd pull that color around the room. You could paint a soft shade of it to pop the fireplace. A bit of turquoise or aqua would work here too.
coral living room
Vancouver Residence
Presidio Heights traditional
Traditional Bedroom
Living Room
Old London Area Rug
January 14, 2013 at 8:42am   
PRO
Frank Webb's Bath and Lighting Center
Are there only the two lamps in the room plus the track over the fireplace? If so I would add a few more table lamps or floor lamps and make sure the shades aren't too dark, wall sconces are also great options if you have the room for them
January 14, 2013 at 8:52am   
Monika
Yes, that's all. I'll definitely consider more lighting in this room. Thank you for your reply!
January 14, 2013 at 9:37am   
Monika
Thank you for the colour suggestion and the pictures. I did have a turquoise fireplace once. So, I'd rather would do something different. But I can see the idea of complementary colours. The drapes are a muted orange with a light yellow edge. I'm more on the warm side of the colour palette. The rug picture i like a lot. Thank you for all your ideas! I also like the painted desk. If I would only knew what I want to live with.
January 14, 2013 at 9:44am     
Monika
Thank you emcz!
Now that I received some great ideas about what colours and where to place it, I think I'll find a way to make it work. I'll take some time for a mood-board and I hope it'll be the way I hope for. Thanks again.
January 14, 2013 at 9:48am