Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Outdoor lighting
mountbrook
January 14, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have a problem on my uncovered deck..... Original plan was to put a lantern sconce on each side of the row of lower windows. But as you can see...the door would open right onto the left one. What else can I do? Barn lights over the first row? Where and how many?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Try one barn light mounted at the division between each two windows for a total of two at the 4 windows and one over the double window. Then hanging ones under the deck.
RJ Elder Design
Island Grove Estate Outdoor Living Area
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 10:03AM
PRO
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
The amount of light you need depends on how you intent to use your deck. If you are going to just be relaxing out there, an arched "barn style light" is probably my second choice. I would rather see you mount some small sconces on the deck posts to project light down on your deck. This will give you adequate reflective light without glare and is very low key for creating a relaxed mood. If you plan on dining outside there, the barn light is ok, just make sure it is switched and has a dimmer control.
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 1:33PM
decoenthusiaste
See my edited comment above.
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 1:58PM
mountbrook
Thank you so much for your advice. I'm taking it ! Now.... to find the right kind of lights. :)
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 2:14PM
charlottegirl
You could try a less deep, slimmer profile light. That way the door won't hit it, because it doesn't stick out that much. Check out these from Lantern & Scroll (www.lanternandscroll.com)
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 11:14AM
More Discussions
Help! I need some curb appeal!
We just purchased this home in Arizona and I desperately...
Need help for my Bedroom decorating
Hello houzzer =) I'd like to hear your advice for...
Kitchen floor help!
We are finally getting around to updating our kitchen...
Curb appeal help!
We bought this house last fall. We love the corner...
1 bdrm student apt - furniture layout help please
Hi, I am moving cross-country to attend grad school...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.