Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help for my bedroom
stylequeen98
January 14, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I want to pain my walls a very consistent glitter gold like in my picture! I just have not found a paint that will do this. Is there any way to get a glitter wall without just resorting to wallpaper?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Design Organize
Gliltter is very strong and seems constantly in motion. Are you sure you want the glitter or are you really only wanting the gold?
Gold paint can be very rich and warm. It can really add depth and wow to a room. It takes some really rich fabrics and textures to balance out gold...so plan on more opulent fabric than ususal if you use gold paint.
If you really must have the glitter, get a clear coat and add some to it. Then brush it over ONE wall of gold. Live with it a while and see if just one wall will give you the glitter look that you want without it being too much in a whole room.
Best to you! DesignOrganize.com
January 14, 2013 at 10:00AM   
mpoulsom
Design Organize has some good suggestions....
One other option, IF they make it (?)...you could go to an auto paint store and see what kinds of metallic paints they have. And also maybe doing the base in a metallic gold paint and get some spray paint with gold glitter in it. I would think that some of the craft stores might have something like that.
January 14, 2013 at 10:04AM   
stylequeen98
Thank you both! The plan is to do black with an accent gold wall!
January 14, 2013 at 11:54AM   
PRO
Design Organize
Three black walls - and one gold glitter wall will not show much. That room will be so incredibly dark with three black walls that even most light will be sucked up. At that point your gold/glitter will turn very dark... almost as dark as the three black walls as it will 'reflect' what is around it. It will 'reflect' black and hence look very dull.
You want the glitter to really show, then have gold walls... one wall of gold glitter. Have black accents in furniture, fabric, throw pillows or even a rug... but I wouldn't do more than that or it will only look like a cave without any sparkle at all.
Color has to be balanced and three black walls is not balance, its overwhelming and will eventually get oppressive.
Best to you! DesignOrganize.com
January 14, 2013 at 12:29PM     
amotsinger
Valspar now has Paint Crystals you can add to paint to make it sparkle. I don't know how intense the sparkle will be, but the crystals come in small packets, so maybe you can add a few packets to obtain the authentic glitter effect. Goodluck. Valsparpaint.com
January 14, 2013 at 12:35PM   
More Discussions
the old world look?
where do i start? should i lower the chandelier? ...
BATHROOM COLOR DISASTER!!
So I thought I'd picked a gray paint color for my bathroom....
Ugly can conversion kit
Help! Put pendant lights in and they put this ugly...
guest bathroom
My guest bathroom is 8.75 ft X 5.5 ft w including the...
What kind of dining table would suit my living room.
I am restoring my new apartment, at the moment i have...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.