Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help in setting up a tv room / small home office
saqibdawood
January 14, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Attached pics (photo 2, photo 1)of my room size 15.5 ft length by 13.5ft. width... I need help in setting up home theater and office desk in same room. The rack (photo 3) holds 42 inch TV, dvd and amplifier, how can i set up the rack and office table in same room, what should be the colors on the wall. Need the suggestions...Thanks.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Dytecture
I would invest in having a custom storage unit built along the longest wall in the room. The office des could either be placed facing or behind the TV.

0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 8:07AM
saqibdawood
Thanks for the suggestion! Iwould need to setup a proper home theater and small desk for office purpose. This room is abit dark in color...
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 10:53AM
Carrie
I would paint the room a chocolate bar brown or a cinnamon brown for starters. Add a drapery panel to the little window and do what Dytecture suggested with a built in wall feature. You can get pieces from big box stores and design your own or you can even find people practically giving away older entertainment centers and you could paint and repurpose it to fit the TV. Add a small desk where the toys are (desk can double as a popcorn, drink and buffet stand for movie nights and some baskets to hold all your accessories. Make sure you have enough light coming in there for your desk.
1 Like   January 15, 2013 at 11:04AM
PRO
Gear 7 Audio-Visual
I would suggest wall mounting the TV and speakers and having some AV racking built into your desk.

Middle Atlantic do a number of products for sliding or sliding-and-rotating equipment stacks to make it serviceable, and they can be fitted to any large enough unit. The advantage to this over shelving is a) better cable management facilities b) better access and c) better cooling.

Hope that helps
Chris
1 Like   January 15, 2013 at 4:21PM
saqibdawood
I want to know if i keep the ofc desk on the fridge wall besides the cuPboard. And the tvwall which i think can b made where the toys r kept and the seating arrangement on the window wall so tht the tv has the longest distance between the seating n tv. Wat do u suggest and can u guide me the gud soft colour combination fir the walls please
0 Likes   January 16, 2013 at 10:32AM