Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help with this kitchen
Janey Harley
January 15, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Was thinking of painting cabinets. Light cream with black hardware as my appliances are all black. One window on end of kitchen..small but works well with us..little money as hardware will be expensive...back splash is white and counters are black/taupe...ceramic floor in light taupe...LOTS of cabinets for a small area...Am I way offin my idea
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
charleee
I think you have a great idea with the cream color, except for the black appliances. Maybe you could think about painting the lower cabinets black? Something like this?
January 15, 2013 at 2:27am     
Janey Harley
Oh....never thought of that....hardware color???
January 15, 2013 at 2:48am   
Janey Harley
The only black appliance on bottom dishwasher...fridge and stove on opposite side with cabinets above...still black bottom
January 15, 2013 at 2:50am   
housespouse
I like the photo with the black lower cupboards and they will tie in with your dishwasher. Just go for chrome handles as black handles on cream cupboards would stand out too much whereas chrome will look good with either colour and tie them in together. I don't know if you want to go to this trouble but you can even repaint fridges and dishwashers with special paint these days.
January 15, 2013 at 3:57am     
rluchinski
It depends what you are looking for. The wood is nice, but if it's a small space and you are craving light then paint them. You may not want to go too light so that your appliances don't seem out of place. I would then get a great colour that you can live with for a long time, then repeat with a darker tone on the wall area. A curtain or bamboo blind on the window would warm the space a bit.
January 15, 2013 at 4:35am     
Janey Harley
Thx for the help....The cream may be too light maybe a little darker like what is in the countertops and floor....will see what I can come up with and share later date....
January 15, 2013 at 1:35pm     
More Discussions
Garden Entry Gate Ideas
We made Brown wood gates for private entry, and now...
Exterior update on 1970's bungelow
The house faces west. I've thought of adding a covered...
real wood compared to mdf
Hi i was wondering what the difference in price between...
Mantel
I am debating whether or not to paint this dark mantel...
Need Help Designing our Main room in New Apartment in Zurich!
The Main room of our apartment needs help! Right now...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.