Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Bathroom colors
kickerkeeper
January 15, 2013 in Design Dilemma
What color should we paint the walls in our bathroom? It's small, narrow and does
Not get much natural light. This is a pic of our shower curtain
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
kickerkeeper
This is a better photo of the shower curtain
January 15, 2013 at 5:25AM   
PRO
Jo Cook Interior Design
It is difficult to give you an actual color from a picture, however I would suggest staying with the blues and the golds in the curtain. If you bring your curtain to a Ben Moore or Sherwin Williams store and select a few color strips that you feel work with the curtain and then post those, it may make it easier to assist you in selecting the paint color. Good luck!
January 15, 2013 at 5:33AM   
kickerkeeper
it's actually not gold, it has silver metallic threads with aqua, steel blue, and silver/gray fabric. we have a grey floor and countertop as well
January 15, 2013 at 5:35AM   
PRO
Jo Cook Interior Design
Ok, then I would stay with those colors, versus the other colors I see in the curtain. I would like to see you bring some color into the room. In the picture showing the curtain, the color looks so nice.
January 15, 2013 at 5:59AM   
kickerkeeper
like a blue or silver?
January 15, 2013 at 6:03AM   
Carrie
I'd paint it the steel blue green (on your first photo, the last colour) and then paint your cabinet a pale light aqua blue (middle colour). Add white, pale aqua and pale gray green towels and voila...done. lol
January 15, 2013 at 6:34AM   
PRO
Jo Cook Interior Design
I would lean towards the blue tones to bring color into the room. I just went back to look at your pictures and the close up of the curtain looks totally different than the picture that shows the curtain with the table and mirror. Based on that picture, I would work with the silvery/steel blue. Hope that helps!
January 15, 2013 at 9:48AM   
kickerkeeper
Thanks everyone! do you have any suggestions of actual paint color names/brands?
January 15, 2013 at 9:56AM   
Carrie
I like Home Hardware Premiere Paints and suggest Aqua Frost 4M3-5 Inviting, for the main bath and Life 732 Blue Collection for the cabinet. Something along those lines. You can find the swatches here: http://www.homehardware.ca/en/index/design-centre/beauti-tone-home-designer.htm
January 15, 2013 at 11:47AM   
More Discussions
Granite slab for large island
I picked this slab for my kitchen island and another...
How much should it cost for a tile installer
I was given a quote of $4 per square foot on the floor...
Help!! Curtain design challenge!
Hello all, I desperately need help with the windows...
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...
Would love ideas!!
We are in the process of buying this house. It is our...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.