Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Shutters or shades on windows?
mocity512
January 15, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We just remodeled our 1950 s home. I am trying to decide on fabric shades or something else on windows. Also I have a large window over my sink that I like being open but would like ideas for privacy. Suggestions?? The picture of the window over the sink was early on during the remodel.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
danals
Beautiful kitchen!
January 15, 2013 at 6:04pm     
solange25
roman blinds
January 15, 2013 at 6:06pm   
mocity512
Thank you!! We just got done. I am posting a before pic. We came a long way!! But now decorating is not my thing!
January 15, 2013 at 6:09pm   
PRO
Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
Do not do shutters...your windows appear too small and placed too low. Do outside mount roman shades or woven shades with a blackout lining. Mount the shades up higher where the crown molding on the cabinetry joins the sides. That space above the window needs to be filled with shade, and preferably shade that you cannot see through.
January 15, 2013 at 6:23pm     
Jayme H.
Maybe some type of swag trailing off to the left side of the windows. ( If u are standing at the range). I wonder if it could be placed so as to swag off a bit more to the left sides of the windows and not the right....It could help make the window not appear to have as much wall space on the left sides of the window, and then an inside mount shade could work better....???? Tried to find a good pic without luck!! But I have seen swags do that! I will keep searching! And if placed well, the fabric could "bunch up" or rise up as to take away some of the dead space above the window also. That way u could also use an inside mount shade and pull it up and down without it looking weird.
January 15, 2013 at 7:00pm   
Norma Sassone
A patterned fabric Roman shade. You could do one that is mounted above the arched window but then you lose that shape. If you are willing to pay for it, I'll bet someone could design and sew you a Roman shade that fits into the arch.
January 15, 2013 at 7:07pm   
PRO
Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
Sorry did not see the arch window..yes custom fabric roman can easily be done.
January 15, 2013 at 7:09pm   
PRO
Eagledzines
What about matching the arch over the sink with curtains in the same shape (leaving the windows as they are). You could also hang an inside shade covered with coordinating fabric.
January 15, 2013 at 7:52pm     
More Discussions
bought home, renovatin Master Bath. Should we remove Bidet?
Are Bidets becoming popular in US? Should we replace...
I need help with my kitchen!
I need to paint my kitchen, new back splash, do something...
To soffit or not??????
On a 9 foot ceiling would you prefer to use a soffit...
Let's play in my LR!
OK, so we moved into this much smaller place over a...
Need suggestions for updating china closet
Just painted dining room SW sand fossil, replaced light...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.