Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Family Room Dilemma, please help!
sarahbull
January 16, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Can you please help me decide where to place my TV. I am not sure if I should mount to wall (which wall), fireplace or buy a media cabinet. Also, what color wall paint would look great with the brick fireplace. All decorating ideas are welcome. I just have no idea where to start. Thank you!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
sarahbull
More pictures
January 16, 2013 at 8:29am   
PRO
Prime Walls
It depends what this space is mainly used for. If it is a space where you watch tv the most, I would mount it above the fireplace. You currently have your furniture situated facing this way. Instead of having the tv beside the fireplace and fighting for dominance in the room, mount it above the fireplace.
You do not want to mount it on the wall beside the doors, or on an opposite wall from the fireplace, you will never be able to enjoy both at the same time. I would also stain or paint the mantel a dark brown, there is too much contrast with it beign white and it doesnt seem to fit entirely.

Your photos are rather small but you seem to have alot of neutral colours and it might be nice to pick up an accent colour, teal would look great with the beige, brown/greys you have in the pillows and furniture. paint the walls a soft, warm grey and do an accent wall in the colour you choose as your decorative accent, as I suggested maybe a teal or aqua.

Here are some great ideas for feature walls;
http://www.primewalls.com/products_residential/viewsku/779 http://www.primewalls.com/products_residential/viewsku/78

or something more natural that would fit with the soft pallet you currently have http://www.primewalls.com/products_residential/viewsku/667

Good Luck!
Prime Walls
January 16, 2013 at 8:42am     
decoenthusiaste
The first thing I notice is your overly massive mantel, so I don't think adding a TV above it will help I'd consider a redo on that. Your present color is fine if you want a neutral, but to work with the FP I think a greige with warm undertones would be best.
January 16, 2013 at 8:43am     
sarahbull
Thank you!
January 17, 2013 at 9:06am