Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Historic House Renovation to Sell
Decor Staging -home design and renovation
January 16, 2013 in Before & After
I was hired to develop a design renovation plan for a historic home in San Mateo California. The owners were placing it on the market after it had been used for decades as a rental.

It was in very rough shape. We began with removing all the old carpeting, nearly gutting the bathroom and removing all the lighting. I acquired the fireplace mantle, dining room light fixture, a set of French doors and staircase posts at a salvage yard to save money and to bring in pieces that would feel appropriate to the style and age of the home.

The fireplace was of particular concern. We removed the brick columns on either side of the firebox, gutted some of the brick structure from within the firebox and erected a surround to cover over the heavily damaged brick.

When it was completed I staged it. The house just went onto the market and has had a huge responose. It will go considerably over asking price with multiple offers already coming in.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
What a nice job on all rooms - the fireplace looks spectacular -the floors a great improvement - the staging 'simple, clean lines' which are very effective - Again, nice work!
January 16, 2013 at 11:15am   
PRO
Decor Staging -home design and renovation
Thank you so much.
January 16, 2013 at 12:45pm   
PRO
Dytecture
Excellent work ! Client must be delighted.
January 16, 2013 at 12:51pm   
PRO
Wyland Interior Design Center
The large tile in the kitchen gives a nice feel of it being more spacious. Nice job!
January 16, 2013 at 1:37pm   
andrew26
Love the new fireplace look. What kind of stone did you use? In addition to the fireplace I want to change - I also have a 10 foot brick cooking center in the kitchen. It is Old Chicago brick and way to country for the look I want. What would you do with this?
January 16, 2013 at 2:25pm   
PRO
Wallmark Homes
Great job, you should have no problem selling as long as the home owners still want to.
January 16, 2013 at 3:17pm   
elklaker
Wonderful renovation. You updated but stayed true to the character of the home. Beautiful!
January 16, 2013 at 3:25pm   
PRO
Your Interior Focus
Beautiful! From one stager to another, if your client has second thoughts on selling, you've done your job! Truly beautifully balanced
January 16, 2013 at 4:08pm   
PRO
Circa Old Houses
Congratulations, this is an amazing stage job. Would love to feature the home in our magazine!
July 5, 2014 at 6:58am      Thanked by Decor Staging -home design and renovation
flyr4fun
Beautiful job relating to the character of the house. It looks gorgeous without looking like a copy of the standard "look" that is everywhere in remodels today. Job well done.
July 5, 2014 at 7:53am      Thanked by Decor Staging -home design and renovation
tommygroup
Very pretty!
July 5, 2014 at 8:00am      Thanked by Decor Staging -home design and renovation