powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Updating small rectangular family room-help!
lindajanesteinberg
January 16, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Need some ideas - I have a rectangular shaped family room - so I don't have a ton of flexibility. Available wall is 19 ft long. then about 6 ft to work with on the short walls. One side is an entry way into foyer, the other is a door to the patio. The opposite long wall has the TV and a fireplace at the end. Would love to incorporate a sectional with a chaise and perhaps one or two chairs. But I'd like to avoid having to place them all in a line along the wall. Would love to hear any suggestions! We are removing the mantle, which extends way past the fireplace for some reason. not planning on putting TV on wall- b/c it'll be too hard and costly to hide the wires. But, do have a quote coming from a closet company for some type of shelves for it to go on and that would hide the equipment. It'll be more in line with the depth of the hearth, instead of coming out as far as the current table comes out. Thank you!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
decoenthusiaste
We need more pics to help. Can't really tell much about the FP or about the end of the room opposite the French doors.
January 16, 2013 at 11:46am   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
lindajanesteinberg
Hi- there are three pix-- that's really all there is to show! Kind of a long room. Opposite the doors, where I'm standing to take the pix is simply an entry way from the foyer. The brown leather chair that's closest to me is basically in that corner. that wall is about 74 inches long. the short wall in the far end of the room next to the doors is a bit shorter than that.
January 16, 2013 at 11:56am