Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Curtain heigth
elw4797
January 16, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I've had my eye on these paisley drapes from PB, but I'm not sure what size to get.

I like the puddled/pooler look against wood floors, but not sure how it would look against my carpet. Like a nice 1-2" break like in the picture. Any opinions on this?

I've read about how hanging curtains high gives the impression of a taller room. From my carpet to the top of trim measures 84", but the brakets for the curtain rod make it about 86" from the ground. Carpet to ceiling measures 96". Minus a few inches to puddle, and thats still a really high curtain.

Should I order the 84" panels (hang on rings and no puddling) or the 96" panels (hang on the rod and puddle)?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
You'll be happier with 96 and if they don't work the way you want you can have them hemmed. With 86 your stuck with 86 - no option. Hang 'em high though. You won't regret it.
4 Likes   January 16, 2013 at 12:35PM
elw4797
Really? I'm scared to order the 96". They're in my cart - I just can't pull the trigger!

Does anyone have pictures of pooling on carpet? All I see are with wood floors. I don't want them to look sloppy! I don't have pets and won't open and close them BTW.

Floor to ceiling is 96" so if I hang the rod at about 93" I should get an inch or two of puddling.

It feels so foriegn to me. I have only had curtains just skim the floor. I need more feedback! And I don't want to pay more $ to get them hemmed....the longer curtains are already more expensive!
0 Likes   January 16, 2013 at 12:45PM
judianna20
I think you could get away with the 86 if you don't use a full rod and just do side panels. OR:

Have you taken into account the size of the rings? If you do the PB rod, with the rings and clips, I think you will make it.

0 Likes   January 16, 2013 at 12:50PM
elw4797
I guess the question is hang them high...or low?
0 Likes   January 16, 2013 at 12:55PM
elw4797
Can anyone share a pic to help me visusloze?
0 Likes   January 16, 2013 at 1:31PM
0 Likes   January 16, 2013 at 1:39PM
dcer
I would hang them as close to you ceiling as you can...it really does look great.
0 Likes   January 16, 2013 at 1:41PM
PRO
Dlyte Interior Design
Hanging your drapes with the rod up to the ceiling gives the illusion of a larger room and will add vertical interest to the space. By hanging your drapery at the window height you'll be slicing the entire room along the 7' mark.
Definitely get the 96" panels, you won't regret it.
2 Likes   January 16, 2013 at 1:43PM
elw4797
Okay I'm ordering the 96" longer panels! Wish me luck. I'm stuck in such a rut that it feels uncomfortable to do anything other than what I've been doing (low curtains hung at trim). ;)
1 Like   January 16, 2013 at 7:29PM
Lkristine
96-----you are correct.
0 Likes   January 16, 2013 at 7:42PM
decoenthusiaste
If you continue to do what you've always done you'll get the same results you always have! Jump!!!
0 Likes   January 16, 2013 at 8:07PM
PRO
Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
96 is correct! you can always have them re-hemmed. if you order 84 there is nothing to let out of hems to make them longer. Dont be afraid!
1 Like   January 16, 2013 at 8:10PM
More Discussions
Kitchen Backsplash - what color and material?
I'm almost finished with a total kitchen remodel and...
TILES CAN I "HONE" AN INDOOR TILE FOR OUTDOOR USE ONCE COATED ?
Hello people, Question time again. Im trying to match...
Tile backsplash for kitchen - stainless steel?
We are currently renovating our kitchen. We have oak...
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
Need help with my kitchen
I am extending my kitchen and adding an island. The...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.