Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with a room with a 72 inch TV
billoppman
January 16, 2013 in Design Dilemma
This room will be for getting away to just watch TV. It needs to be comfortable and transitional.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kwistina
A few questions: 1. What is your budget? 2. Are you keeping the furniture? 3. How crazy are you about the current paint color? 4. What is your style and Colorado scheme?
0 Likes   January 16, 2013 at 11:16PM
kwistina
Sorry, color scheme. My kindle is autocorrecting again . . .
0 Likes   January 16, 2013 at 11:18PM
jannielee
Well, there's something about the white on the bottom half of the wall that troubles me along with the paint shade. It seems a bit caramel and I'd prefer a softer more neutral beige on the top and the bottom a couple shades darker than the top. If this room is going to function as a TV/home theatre room, then you'll need to cozy it up and make it more comfortable.

You'll need a nice big ottoman instead of a coffee table that can accommodate a tray or two for beverages and still leave room to prop your feet up. I picture tufted brown leather.

You'll also need at least one table between the sofa and wing chair. I feel like a sofa table with a lamp behind the sofa would make the room feel more complete. A couple of throws for snuggling and some toss pillows in updated prints (think zebra or Moroccan) would add interest.

I'd recommend finding some prints or even movie posters that you like for the large walls by the cabinets and door.

It may only be the camera angles, but the TV and sofa feel a little like they're squished too close to the window wall. If so, could the TV be moved to the left then the seating shifted as well? It isn't entirely necessary to center the TV in that recessed area.

You'll certainly be adding decor over in the open shelving. I picture richly textured baskets in the room and additional wood tones to balance the white finishes and the carpet and upholstery.

Happy watching!
0 Likes   January 17, 2013 at 1:18AM
charleee
It looks like you have plenty of space for a sectional, and if your budget is unlimited you could do something like this: Pavoncello Rotunda, 3-Piece Round Sectional
However, if you're like the rest of us with limited budgets, maybe this would work for you: [houzz=Provence L-Sectional Cushion Set]
Are the shutters enough to block out the light? If not, I would suggest adding thermal backed panels which can be pulled to the side when not needed.
0 Likes   January 17, 2013 at 2:41AM