Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Nee help for laminate floor choice
debmerlock
January 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I'm looking for laminate for my kitchen floor. The cabinets are Aristokraft Radford Maple Cocoa Glaze. The laminate I'm looking at is Pergo Max Hampton Hickory. I can't decide if stain will be too dark for the cabinets. Any ideas?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Jean Tuck
I seen a floor in dark brown laminate and for ease of care I loved it alot. Best color for me medium to dark brown , with only bath having lifgt wooden look laminate.
January 17, 2013 at 7:31am   
PRO
Dytecture
Here is an example of similar color for the cabinetry and floors which will give you a monotone look.

January 17, 2013 at 11:34am   
debmerlock
Thanks you Dytecture. That helped alot! It might be too monotone for me. I am also looking at Pergo Max Emerson Maple. How would this tone work with the cabinets? I may have to look at other Pergo laminate stains though. This one might be too light.
January 17, 2013 at 12:13pm     
svdiva
Are you sure? I HATE our laminate Hardco floor. It was beautiful when we bought the house and we stupidly put in the family room addition. After 10 years of dogs it's a mess. Just be really sure. My mom just put in tile that looks like wood and its awesome!
January 17, 2013 at 5:41pm   
Natalie
Hi---I recommend going with a floor that is light or dark, nothing in between-otherwise there will not be enough contrast between the floor and cabs. Look into wood looking porcelain instead of the laminate or, if budget permits, go with natural stone-travertine would be ideal... Good Luck![houzz=CrossCut Wood Tile - Porcelain Wood look Tile 1][houzz=CrossCut Wood Tile - Porcelain Wood look Tile 2][houzz=CrossCut Wood Tile - Porcelain Wood look Tile 3][houzz=Vanilla | Eco-Tuscany | Eleganza | 20x20 Travertine-Look Porcelain Tile]
January 17, 2013 at 6:17pm   
PRO
GARY FINLEY, ASID
I vote for the same tone floor and cabinets. By using the same tone on the cabinets and on the floor this will read where the floor is lighter. Darker floors show all the dust and dog hair, it there is any around
January 17, 2013 at 6:22pm     
PRO
AFC inc
The laminates are different quality and durability .
Most of quality stuff is 1/2' .
There is very little difference in looks between new materials however there are very big long term difference . Cheap laminates most possible will be a few years solutions . Good quality one could be a few decades solution .
January 17, 2013 at 6:57pm   
eeclean
Have you seen Evoke laminate flooring? I was so amazed by how far they have come in realistic and durable flooring I went with the Audry hand scraped oak look. I wanted that old barn wood or old French floor look but couldn't afford the designer prices. Evoke is so cost effective I was able to do the whole main floor of the house for the cost I would have spent just in the kitchen with the real stuff.it comes in many colors and patterns. Personally I would choose something with a bit of contrast but will have some veins of cabinet color to tie in. The more variegated the better dirt hides, light or dark. And if floor has a little texture like mine it camouflages beautifly
January 18, 2013 at 7:31am