powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
chenille windowdrapes, jcpenny; anybody like it?
applecider1111
January 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
which color best?
thanks
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
No.
January 17, 2013 at 7:40AM   
applecider1111
would you mind giving me more detail ? thanks
January 17, 2013 at 7:52AM   
PRO
I would prefer a lighter weight fabric for draperies. I do not like the fabric and therefore cannot choose a color preference. I also would find it extremely difficult to select a color without knowing what it's going with.
January 17, 2013 at 7:58AM     
applecider1111
how about these dupioni silk for drapes?
thanks
January 17, 2013 at 8:16AM   
PRO
JMittman Designs
Can you give us some detail about the room they are going to be in? We can't recommend a type of fabric for an invisible room.
January 17, 2013 at 8:44AM   
PRO
I would not use dupioni silk draperies in the gun room. I might use it elsewhere. Tell us please where it is going.
January 17, 2013 at 8:57AM     
PRO
JMittman Designs
Oh, I don't know Carolyn, you could line them with Kevlar.
January 17, 2013 at 9:00AM     
applecider1111
it's kind of like this, but the carpet is not the same, I can change the new one later
January 17, 2013 at 9:13AM   
applecider1111
in the living room or the bedroom, of course no gun room :)
January 17, 2013 at 9:14AM     
Bonnie
Your couch is brown like the picture? I don't like the first picture because the brown one has too much brown and looks like the wrong brown, and the blue has no brown at all--seems too cool. I think the second picture is out. Possibly the last brown in third picture... if it goes with your couch.
January 17, 2013 at 9:26AM   
applecider1111
yes espresso color;

you mean this?
January 17, 2013 at 9:32AM   
PRO
JMittman Designs
If that is the fabric you like, I would use the middle one with your couches.
January 17, 2013 at 9:36AM     
Bonnie
Yes, I think so...
January 17, 2013 at 9:37AM   
PRO
I would select a textured linen or linen look fabric to go with something as masculine as the leather sofa and loveseat. However, as soon as possible I would move the loveseat to another room and instead use two chairs, covered in fabric. They will provide you with a much more interesting mix.

Adding a chenille drapery to your already very heavy looking furniture will only exacerbate the problem.
"Lighten up!" isn't just a lifestyle expressions. It also applies to furniture.
January 17, 2013 at 5:35PM     
applecider1111
thanks, Albert

Do you think which fabric should I use for the chairs you talk about?
January 18, 2013 at 9:06AM   
applecider1111
or these fabric for the chairs
January 18, 2013 at 9:15AM   
PRO
Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
Know you are asking C Albert but I love the bottom left depending on your furniture/other decor - Which do you like is a better question - you know the carpet and furniture - as you stated the shown photo is like yours.
January 18, 2013 at 9:19AM     
applecider1111
thanks paradise; I ask everybody :)
you mean this light green one right? or this yellow one?
January 18, 2013 at 9:25AM   
decoenthusiaste
All the fabrics seem too formal for the sofas you've shown us. The blue with the buildings on it is the only one that appears to be on the casual side.
January 18, 2013 at 9:32AM   
PRO
JMittman Designs
I think the pattern placement of this fabric could get lost on that chair.
January 18, 2013 at 9:34AM   
PRO
You wanted a chenille for your drapery which I didn't agree with, but I do think a chenille would go well on chairs with the leather sofa. I'm somewhat confused about the other fabrics you're showing as they seem very traditional and some are quite formal. I think that a solid color chenille would be an excellent choice for you to put on two chairs. You could also consider a chenille with a small geometric pattern.
January 18, 2013 at 10:17AM   
applecider1111
thanks all

so would you recommend the color , or the pattern for the cotton/linen drapes? and also the carpet? and what kind of solid color will be best for the chairs ?

Is the dupioni silk a good choice for drapes?
January 18, 2013 at 11:10AM   
applecider1111
also the color of the wall?
January 18, 2013 at 11:10AM   
PRO
I would not hang silk draperies in a room with your leather sofa and a couple of chenille chairs. I would instead select a linen look in a solid neutral. If you like reds, then I'd look at chenilles in a rusty red. But a mossy green would work as well. Tell us what your favorite colors are and perhaps we can get more specific. It also depends on what is in adjoining rooms.
January 18, 2013 at 2:25PM   
applecider1111
so what kind room I can hang the silk drapes? I have couple of new mossy green silk drapes and don't know where to use them ?

also I have this red fabric for sofa; would you tell you how much I should use for one chair? ( fabric width 1.50 meter )

I don't have the favorite color, maybe red , yellow, gold , blue

I also have these fabrics, how to use them? http://www.houzz.com/discussions/185912/Another-designer-s-fabric--- http://www.houzz.com/discussions/185528/Need-comment-for-the-window-drapes thanks
January 18, 2013 at 2:55PM   
PRO
You should consult with the upholsterer who is going to cover the chairs for you in order to determine the amount of fabric required. That will depend not only on the size of the chairs but also the repeat and width of the fabric. If you hire an interior designer she/he will be able to further advise you.
January 18, 2013 at 5:35PM     
Marcy Harris
There are a lot of people telling you to do a lot of things differently. If it is something you like and you gravitated toward those curtains, then you need to trust your instinct. These people aren't going to live in your room--you are..
January 18, 2013 at 5:46PM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.