Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
"Need help with Livingroom/Dining Room"
onlylooking
January 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
This was all here when I recently married. How do I rearrange all the furniture. The dining room table was put into the living room but was in the way over the light in the dining room. I kind of like the colors but need to purchase new things.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Frank Webb's Bath and Lighting Center
Is this a living room-dining room combo? I would move the table under the chandelier for sure to start...maybe post some more pictures to see the rest of the space?
January 17, 2013 at 10:55AM   
PRO
If you moved the table couldn't you slide the china cabinet over a bit?
January 17, 2013 at 11:31AM   
PRO
If you don't use it because you have a big enough kitchen to eat in maybe he will agree to get rid of it in favor of a bigger TV? :)
January 17, 2013 at 11:50AM   
groveraxle
What about moving the china cabinet to the wall with the mirror? Then what if you move the table under the light, but orient it the way it currently sits?
January 17, 2013 at 11:52AM   
PRO
Grover has a good idea, it sounds like it might work, you may have to swag the light over a bit to get it centered over the table depending on if it lines up correctly
January 17, 2013 at 11:58AM   
PRO
The chain and wire on the fixture doesn't look long enough to swag but any good electrical supply or lighting store will have what you need to make it work!
January 17, 2013 at 12:15PM   
jannielee
The room looks scattered and disjointed with the current layout. I agree that the table needs to be back on the other side. Position the table as far from the doorway as is feasible then have the chandelier moved and lowered to no less than 36" above the table. Then reunite the upholstered pieces into a comfortable, conversational seating arrangement. I'd replace the coffee table with a large ottoman (with wood legs) topped with a substantial tray. The wall hangings are way too high. Looks like they need to come down around 6-8" or so. Consider replacing some of the art and mirrors to freshen up the room and add color. The room is begging for color and pattern. Replacing the drapes with a bold graphic pattern and light background will freshen the room. Add patterned pillows with colors pulled from the new art. Add a table runner And recover the dining chairs seats in a lighter color, patterned fabric ( a stripe or check perhaps?) to add interest to that side of the room. The upholstered pieces feel heavy, so consider replacing them when you're able to.
January 17, 2013 at 12:33PM