Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Basement Reno Floor Plan - Help with Ideas
msptc
January 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I'm planning on a total renovation of my basement in my bungalow and the space I have to play with is around 1100 sq ft. I recently met with a potential contractor and he came up with this initial floor plan. I definitely like the idea of an open concept family room and would like to include two rooms, a full bathroom, space for laundry, and storage. What do thing about this initial concept? Are there any other suggestions out there? The location of the two rooms and the bathroom are pretty much set due to the location of the largest windows and piping. The rooms are currently separated by French doors, but I would probably change that so each room has their own separate entrance. The area where the desk is drawn can also be a kitchen if we decide to go that route too. I would appreciate any ideas and feedback. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Eagledzines
Instead of using a full tub, install a shower unit to make room for a door to the bedroom on the right.
January 17, 2013 at 8:40PM     
libunium
Don't like the bedrooms opening into each other; consider moving the wall dividing the bedrooms a few inches to the left then you can install recessed sliding doors that allow separate access. No moldings to take up space should make the doors easily accessible. If the toilet and tub can be moved consider placing the tub under the window and the toilet across from the sink. To free up more space in the bath think about an outside sliding door, barn style.
January 17, 2013 at 9:08PM     
PRO
Dytecture
Agreed with separate access for each bedroom, otherwise this is a fine looking plan.
January 18, 2013 at 6:24AM