Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Want to make a statement with this room
shannonkeith
January 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I want to make more of a bold color statement and maybe some art on the wall.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
You've made a good start. However, you sofa is covering up one of your statements. Can you turn the sofa so it is not in front of the display? Not sure why the mix of gold and silver between the display shelf and the entertainment center. Pull your blues and aquas from the display around the room, and onto the floor with a pretty rug and art. More pillows could pick up on the colors too.
Eclectic Rugs
Mystic Collection Turquoise Rug
Amy Butler Hand-Tufted Wool Rug, Coventry http://www.houzz.com/photos/332686/Water-Series-100-contemporary-artwork-
0 Likes   January 17, 2013 at 2:37PM
Manon Floreat
You could go with a rug that repeats the blues in your glass collection or go neutral with a bold and neutral print. I'd think about connecting the section and orienting it towards the TV, so that both pieces can enjoy that fabulous view. The two armless chairs before the window would make a good seating arrangement.

What do you think about these ideas?
3 Likes   January 17, 2013 at 2:44PM
claudiann
Unless you live in a very hot climate I think you need some things that are warm and fuzzy. There is so much straight lines and glass. It looks as if the room would be loud. I would add plush shaggy rugs and pillows. On the wall behind the couch I would think about adding a textile woven art piece . Add some fuzzy throws and some gauzy curtains that can be pushed back to the sides of the windows. Put something besides glass on the glass tables. Maybe add some plants and natural elements.
0 Likes   January 18, 2013 at 6:41PM
PRO
Classic Designs by Brook
move the fixture holding your art pieces to the opposite wall it takes away from your wonderful view. That way it breaks up that large blank wall. Center your couch infront of the tv and use the extra pieces of the sectional for seating on both sides of a larger square coffee table. You can add a sofa table behind sofa for lamps, books etc. Now you have your beautiful view to the river on one wall, artwork showcased on one wall and tv on one wall and each wall has its on statement.
1 Like   January 18, 2013 at 7:01PM
PRO
Barb Wyckoff for JCP In Home Decorating
I work as an artist as well as a decorator. You are off to a good start, but try and expand your art collection with pieces you really love and unify a grouping with common frame colors or styles. Hope this helps.
Barb
0 Likes   January 18, 2013 at 7:06PM
mveasey
I would look around and choose the piece of art first, if that is your priority. Then pull out a colour from the painting/print,etc. And put that colour on the wall. Your furniture s neutral, so it will pretty much go with any colour. Combined it will make a harmonious statement.i would go with a very large piece or three or four same size smaller ones, in order to carry the expanse of the wall.
If I could comment on your rug, it is on the smaller side. To refer to the other comment, with a bigger rug, or even two sewn together, it would soften and pull the room together.
0 Likes   January 18, 2013 at 8:00PM
anthip
I agree about moving the display away from the wall it's on now and across to your larger wall. It really takes away from the view.
0 Likes   January 18, 2013 at 8:11PM
groveraxle
All good suggestions, and after you move your beautiful glass display, please light it. It's way too gorgeous to leave in the shadows.
0 Likes   January 18, 2013 at 8:19PM
More Discussions
Too cramped, and dark.
I would like a baking center, and a coffee center.
Need advice on what kind of area rug best for family room
Sofa is grey. Walls are yellow with blue accent wall....
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Need ideas for my kitchen island.
Its really boring. We want to change the tile to granite...
need help with my exterior color.
please help with my exterior color choice, thanks.
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.