Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Dinning Room Help
Tina Fynbo
January 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
My dinning room need some help my long table has one leaf in it it can be smaller if need to be my walls are red, the bookcase I will redo after I do not know what to put on the wall should I put the picture on the other wall and put the table with pictures on the other wall where the picture was do not know what to do I will upload photos and need some pictures of examples I was also thinking of getting a table cloth in a dark brown and what to put on the table do not know help please Thanks Tina Fynbo
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
cleanfreek
What style are you going for? What colors? Light or dark look? Even though I need help with my dining room. I like yours. I would pick a style, Add a mirror over the buffet table with two lamps. Maybe a nice bowl in the center of table with candles?
January 17, 2013 at 4:49PM   
cleanfreek
Oh maybe some nice curtains on the window! Ok, I am no professional. What I would do is I would keep that gorgeous picture, paint the walls a lighter color. Sage green, grey/blue etc pulling from the picture. I would make the table smaller put the extra chairs on either side of the buffet with a mirror above the buffet and two lamps and a bowl or such. Curtains on either sides of window to add some texture. Pillows on one of the chairs with coordinating colors from the picture. Maybe a brown table runner? Remember I need help with my dining room to, so I can't promise this is a great idea. It's just what I would do.
January 17, 2013 at 4:50PM   
Tina Fynbo
I was thinking rustic but I do not know if I should pull the table out with one leaf so it makes it only seat six or four
January 17, 2013 at 4:58PM   
cleanfreek
Rustic as is keeping the walls reds?
January 17, 2013 at 5:10PM   
cleanfreek
Ok, that's easy for me. For some reason I decorate better with red than blue. Even though I love blue. I would still do everything as I said above just maybe a different picture. Something with red in it.
January 17, 2013 at 5:18PM   
Tina Fynbo
yes I do want to keep the walls red just need some ideas on how to decorate with the red
January 17, 2013 at 5:33PM   
latoya_mcfadden
Okay. Start with painting the inside around window white like trim on floor. Windows need wall to wall curtains with white or tan to brighten room and add a pop. Also dining rooms look nice with mirrors instead of paintings. If you do a painting maybe something of food or wine or fruits. As far as table add some nice place mates with a simple floral arrangement of green flowers to bring the outside in.
January 17, 2013 at 5:58PM     
Tina Fynbo
Latoya_mcfadden: I purchased two tall white lamps what color should I do the place mates in green white or what other color would you recommend?
January 18, 2013 at 7:09PM   
mveasey
If you would take away two chairs and only have three on each side, plus the end ones, the room will look less busy.take away as in put in another room or one each side of your buffett unit.
This will make the table look less crowded. A simple neutral runner on the table will do. I would invest in some neutral curtains on each side of the window.Perhaps enough curtain to fill the whole piece of wall left and right.Move the plant to the right.
The neutral curtain will correspond with the floor and the runner and tone down the red of the room. It is a nice colour, but very strong at the moment. Hang the picture or a same size mirror above the hutch/buffet unit. Group your picture together on the hutch. They look a little lost at the moment.
One last thought was; there is a stark contrast between the ceiling and the walls. You could do some trim around the perimeter. Red is a great colour for dining rooms, it is said to stimulate your appetite!
January 18, 2013 at 7:44PM