Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Should we wrap the limestone around?
jdkrebs
January 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
So my husband handled outside-- and as i drove up to see how it looked --I thought the corner looked bad. I feel like the limestone ends in odd space and I think we need to wrap the limestone to corner - about 4 feet down. So that whole "section" is limestone--
$2500 to change it. Is it worth it?? Or leave it?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
houssaon
Yow might be able to just round the corner and get the look you desire without doing the whole four feet.
0 Likes   January 17, 2013 at 7:56PM
jdkrebs
not sure what you mean? It does "round" the corner now and I don't like.. this entire section of house with tiny window (which is a closet) should have been completed in stone.. not barely wrapped around corner.. however, we can maybe put shrubs to hide this? What to do and I have to make decision tomorrow. This picture is how you see house when driving up to it in cul de sac. Please advise anyone with thought on if this looks bad, ok or what.
0 Likes   January 20, 2013 at 10:07PM
alwaysdesigning
I think it's not particularly wrong, but maybe not what you expected. If it will "forever" be a thorn in your side (I'm thinking it will) then pay the bucks and get it fixed. You will never feel slighted that way.

However, I would also quiz the builder on this. Did the masons make an error? Was there miscommunication between builder and mason? Were you told it would be done a certain way and it wasn't? If so, then the mason should foot that bill. Don't be afraid to pursue this option. They will try to say they didn't make a mistake but check all your avenues before forking over the bucks. Good luck
[houzz=
]
0 Likes   January 20, 2013 at 11:01PM
ourfarmhouse
Should be to the corner. It will help the whole front section look like a structure and not just stone veneer. Well worth the $2500.
1 Like   January 22, 2013 at 1:32AM
jdkrebs
it was not mason fault.. my husband planned it this way. I think builder should have advised that it would look like veneer or "front" then. The builder says she doesn't think it is worth 3k to change it. She says we'll put a large pine there anyhow and cover that corner so it won't be visable. My husband's friend is builder and he came by and said it didn't bother him either. I don't know what to do. 3k is so much to fix it when we are already way over budget.
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 8:59AM
More Discussions
Help with my dinning space
How to decorate my dinning space
Plain bathroom.
Thinking of painting the cabinets and walls. The bathroom...
Room function division
Trying to find furniture that would divide and visually...
Kitchen-- Parsons Table
I've got the bug! Wanting (not really needing, well...
I have a new black sofa what wallcolor do I buy
my wall are medium beige and my table brown wood carpet...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.