powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Small apartment. Must completely furnish brand new. Help!
dinorocks
January 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I am moving into a 1 bedroom apartment and all I own is a mattress and bed frame and a black and zebra print chair. My biggest concern with this floor plan is the tiny bathroom. I'm a Girly girl with lots of make-up and hair stuff to spread out. How do I fit a queen size bed, vanity, and dressers in this bedroom? I would love some design ideas as well. I love hot pink and purple, and all things shiny. How do I combine those to make the room look somewhat sophisticated rather than teenage dreamish?

I also need ideas on how to set up the living room and dining area. I recently received a Thomas Kinkade painting of The Little Mermaid. I wanted to use that as inspiration to perhaps do a beachy theme in the living room. I like to keep things light and bright. Any space saving/storage tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sunlight Properties Ltd
The answer to all your problems is storage, either built in or modular. Ikea is a great source of inspiration for storage, I've put together some ideas in the following idea book. The colours in your picture are lovely and a light, bright, beachy theme sounds great. I also love the teal colour which you could pick out as a feature wall, keep the look simple and follow it through each room to make the space feel bigger. This colour would go perfectly with your zebra print chair. Teal also goes beautifully with hot pink. To keep the look sophisticated the pink/purple/shiny should be kept as accents and not the main theme. Hope that helps!
Ideabook: Teal
Ideabook: Teal/pink
January 18, 2013 at 2:56AM     
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Dytecture
Here is an example of a eclectic styled room and perhaps some floating shelves for the bathroom.

Living Room

trisha's powder room
January 18, 2013 at 5:50AM     
More Discussions
New home owner!
Please help me out. This is our first home and I need...
What would you do?
This is the entrance of our new home. Too many clashes...
Help - Exposed Brick Gone Wrong
Hello All - Today I finally had the courage to get...
have less than 24 hours Please Help!!!
I bought this bench at a consignment shop and I need...
Looking for ideas for this space
I am looking for something to fill this curved space....
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.