powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help me find an area rug for this space!! I think I need some color.
Sheila Houston
January 18, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I'm getting a new sectional--cloth dark brown and a dark brown leather ottoman and recliner. I love everything--my paint color, my floors, my furniture, but need to pull it together with the finishing touches--decor and first and foremost an area rug....any help/suggestions would be appreciated!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Cape Cod Home Staging Company
@sheila Good Morning. This seems to be a below grade space? I agree about the color, but with low ceilings it will bounce around. I suggest a look at flor.com. Individual carpet tiles of good quality. If one is damaged, just replace that one. You could even create two conversation areas with borders. I like the chenille (French for caterpillar) for your space. See my idea book for a full space. Send pics! Best, Lisa Morales, ASP
January 18, 2013 at 4:38am   
Sheila Houston
This is acutally my living room...the first room you see when you walk in my front door. 9ft ceilings. I do like the carpet tile suggestion. Please keep suggestions coming.....I was originally thinking of getfting some patterened carpt with some red in it....Please keep the ideas coming and I'm coming back for more help (prints for walls--decor pieces--what to put on the fireplace etc) once I get the furniture in here!!
January 18, 2013 at 5:33am   
PRO
Cape Cod Home Staging Company
@sheila pics are sometimes difficult to gauge. What type of furniture? Pottery Barn sells a neat enclosure for the TV, you certainly need some bling in there. I can discount for you on Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, etc. The tuffetts will add great texture along with the chenille rug. What style is the house's architecture?
January 18, 2013 at 5:50am   
PRO
A Crew of Two
It all depends on your style- your furniture sounds more contemporary being a sectional. But buy choosing something more traditional for an area rug you can change up the room. For impact I would not choose anything too light since your floor is light. But too dark it will get lost once the furniture is in the room. I like the idea of a natural fiber rug to warm the room up. Lighten the sofa up by adding throw pillows and throws in soft muted colors.
January 18, 2013 at 6:34am     
PRO
Dytecture
Here is an example with brown sectional with orange accents.

January 18, 2013 at 7:25am   
Jayme H.
Ideas of different looks
January 18, 2013 at 7:43am   
Jayme H.
A couple more
January 18, 2013 at 8:25am   
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
What is your proposed budget for this rug? It would help to know so I could suggest companies that would fit your needs.
January 18, 2013 at 8:34am   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.