Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
need help decorting/paint ideas for my new living room
angiepar14
January 18, 2013 in Design Dilemma
help me place my furniture~ couch,loveseat,2 chairs, and flat screen tv and help with color ideas! (this is NOT my furniture in the picture!)
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
Beautiful room ! What colors are in your furniture? what colors do you like?
January 18, 2013 at 5:07PM   
angiepar14
@julie thome draperis,inc. ```my couches are a dark green suede and the pillows have gold, burgandy and two different greens. I want a color for this room to be WARM and CALM feeling . the pic is taken in the foyer at the front door
January 18, 2013 at 5:12PM   
PRO
Combinations of greens look good together and do have a calming effect..If you look at verdure tapestries they are a combinations of greens. A warm almost golden avocado green could look good against the colors you have....eg see the combination of different greens and golds in this tapestry. Touches of burgundy work with it too......
January 18, 2013 at 5:39PM     
angiepar14
I also don't want it to be to dark do to i only have 2 windows in the room
January 18, 2013 at 5:43PM   
PRO
Add more lamp light, or the alternative is to have a gold on the walls. Will you use this room during the day or the evening.? or is this the family room too?
January 18, 2013 at 5:51PM   
angiepar14
both day and evening....and I have 3 kids ages 12,10, & 4
January 18, 2013 at 6:36PM   
PRO
Caverra
The room is long and narrow. Divide it up. Put chair and loveseat in front of fireplace on an angle, leave some space then couch on one wall opposite tv and have a chair and lamp or small table...filling the space in front of pillars.
January 18, 2013 at 7:09PM   
angiepar14
@caverra........On each sides of the fireplace is a doorways on goes to a bedroom and the other to the kitchen
January 18, 2013 at 7:13PM   
PRO
2id Interiors
I would do a very light sage green color on walls, space between molding and ceiling. That way moldings in white color will pop! Then I would choose a nice stone and glass mosaic to put around fireplace, to be a little more fun. Also add lots of lights, table and floor lamps. A rug with pattern would look great and would define the seating area.
As per the furniture lay out, I f you have a tv, I would put the couches in a "L" position. So one couch would face the fireplace (you could put a console table behind this couch so you dont see the back so much). The tv would be on the wall where the right couch is right now.
Hope this helps you! ; )
January 18, 2013 at 7:17PM     
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
2id- Miami Interior Design has a great idea going. I would however do 2 seating areas. The one described and then one closer to the fireplace. Here I would put 2 chairs 1 small end table between them and a round ottoman in front of them.
January 18, 2013 at 7:26PM     
PRO
Digital Imaging by Tina - Interior Designer
Hi, My name is Tina. I've got an answer to your question come to www.brentsinteriorpainting.com for the answer......
January 18, 2013 at 7:36PM   
jenpa8
This is a lovely room but the architecture is very formal. I wouldn't fight that, work with it. And if you want this room to look hot, hot, hot, you''re going to have to invest in some furniture and lighting and artwork. First, take out the ceiling fan and get a real chandy in there that is big enough to fill the space. Love this one from restoration hardware which is formal but not fussy. Check out the pic for inspiration.
January 18, 2013 at 7:44PM     
angiepar14
@JENPA8 where would you put the tv
January 18, 2013 at 7:46PM