Help! How should I arrange mirrors and pictures on my walls?
Hi - I am coming to the end of furnishing and shifting into my one bedroom flat! However I am now starting to plan what goes on my walls and having real trouble figuring it out.
Please find attached my current flat layout of the living room (taken from the entrance) and original floorplan as a guide (please excuse the mess in the fisheye view photo - you can still see boxes which need to be unpacked and mess which has just been pulled from the boxes! I plan to remove the large wicker chest eventually).
Where would you place mirrors and art/blown up photographs in this place- and in what configuration and style? I have the following requirements and restrictions:
- a believer in feng shui, I cannot place a mirror on the wall directly adjacent to the window, as it would be directly opposite the front door which is bad luck (unfortunate as it is the most obvious place)!
- I would like to reflect the view from the window somehow - as I am blessed with a water view, but have no idea how to achieve this given config of walls
- I like the idea of a starburst mirror (or 2 different sized starbursts in a cluster) and a large rectangle (landscape) mirror- but is it too many mirrors in one room? I was thinking the rectangle on the wall behind the couch and 1- 2 starbursts on the wall next to bookshelf above the dining table?
- the sliding door causes anything placed on the wall directly behind the couch not to be centred with the couch - will this look funny?
- will putting art on the wall next to the window be too much, as it competes with the water view? Also there's a lot already going on with the bookshelves?
- what kind of art/photos would be suitable and in what config?
Any other suggestions would be great! Thanks so much