powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help us choose a granite color for our small white kitchen!
amalids
January 19, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Here is a picture of our kitchen. We currently have white formica counter which we are looking to change to granite as the formica shows every speck of dirt and stains easily.

We are also installing new hardwoods. Here is a picture.

Which granite do you like best: Fantasy Brown (1st granite picture), Crema Valentina (2nd granite picture) or Typhoon Green (posted in first comment)

Are there any other colors that you would have us consider?
In each photo of granite, we included our floor and a swatch of our current paint color (which we like but are open to changing.)

Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
amalids
Here is a picture of Typhoon Green which we are also considering.
January 19, 2013 at 2:07pm   
njmomma
I'm a fan of the Crema Valentina. To me the brown is too busy and the green you may get tired of. Keep it simple and use accessories for color.
January 19, 2013 at 2:37pm   
skovash18
I like the green. It doesn't look too green.
January 19, 2013 at 2:40pm   
Rosemarie
The first photo granite is beautiful. I love the movement and I'll bet u will too! I just put granite in too and I used a white, grey, beigey brown taupe. with small rubies and similiar design movement like yours. in our all white kitchen with cherry hardwood floors. If you are going to use slab material go with the best and the pattern says best! This color you choose can be accessorized with any color scheme you choose Beautiful choice!
January 19, 2013 at 2:53pm     
Sheryl Horton
The granites you have selected are nice, but since you have angles it would be difficult to match at seams. Talk to an installer before buying!
January 19, 2013 at 3:00pm     
pcmom1
Your new hardwood has a lot of variation in it, so I would do the crema granite.
January 19, 2013 at 3:01pm     
Rosemarie
Always use an experienced company to cut and install your granite. The only seams will be at sink and stove. The angles can be cut out of the slab. If the installer wants more seams, hire someone else. that says they do not have a state of the art cutting machine and are likely cutting themselves on a simpler saw. After all you will likley be spending 5 to 8 thousand dollars, protect your purchase. Also make sure you are getting a pre sealed slab--otherwise the maintainence is a pain and you will soon tire of the exta work, espically if this is a well used kitchen.
January 20, 2013 at 11:07am     
amalids
Really helpful advice, everyone. Thanks for taking the time to help! Rosemarie - your granite sounds wonderful. Any pictures?
January 20, 2013 at 9:53pm   
saraj11357
I like the floor you have now! And my granite choice is the light one!
January 20, 2013 at 10:06pm     
PRO
Barbra Bright Design
I concur with pcmom1--Crema Valentina would look best with your new floors. The granite is subtle, but it will be very pretty with your white cabinets.
January 20, 2013 at 11:45pm     
jensie
I think I would go with the Crema Valentina. It's not as dramatic as the other - but the color is beautiful and you can use almost any color paint with it and I don't think it will conflict with your floors. Good Luck!
January 21, 2013 at 1:36am