Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
My master bath is an unusual shape.
tauntsc
January 19, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have a tub in a bay on one side and the sinks are on opposite wall with dressing area in middle in a a bay shape. It is a very large bathroom and out dated
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
TanCalGal
I don't know what your question is.
Photos R dark, but bathroom looks nice from here.
January 21, 2013 at 6:53PM   
Leslie
the only thing I see really outdated is the glass for the shower, the new thing is frameless but other than that maybe some new granite for your sink would make a nice difference, but other than that the house seems nice and traditional unless you want more contemporary, but I agree, there is no real question here and the photos are dark so its hard to see what else could use replacing/ remodeling if thats what youre asking
January 21, 2013 at 7:02PM   
PRO
Dytecture
It could be just a cosmetic update with the style that you like.

January 21, 2013 at 7:04PM   
thedarlingsbecca
I would draw attention to the bay window above tub by adding fabric window treatments, perhaps replacing blinds with fabric shade. Also, if cabinets were a bit darker, would not draw so much attention to them. Seen too white / bright. Mirrors and lighting could be addressed. Frame mirrors with custom cut framing from Joann Crafts or other place. Or, replace mirrors with matching framed mirrors, one for ea. side and one smaller in middle by vanity. Would give you wall behind to paint a flattering color.
January 21, 2013 at 11:55PM   
thedarlingsbecca
Consider a valance rod across outer part of tub (ceiling height). Valance of good weight, lined fabric would take away looking at ceiling above tub. Maybe put same valance on bay window? Or Surround tub with it (all walls, ceiling height rod). Or, use it just across front. Use same treatment, maybe different length above sinks/vanity mirrors. Top near ceiling of room seems bare.
January 22, 2013 at 12:04AM   
tauntsc
I appreciate all the feedback. I would like to replace shower doors for seamless, remove black tile and brass fixtures. I would also like granite countertops and a color on the cabinets. I am looking fr an inspirational photo for ideas/color options. Also, I would like suggestions on storage. I do not sit at dressing table . I would like to add a built in cabinet of sorts but because of odd shape carpenter did not know how to do it. Any suggestions?
January 22, 2013 at 9:04AM   
TanCalGal
What color is floor tile or R U removing that?
January 22, 2013 at 1:13PM   
tauntsc
My tile s currently black. I do want to lighten the look
January 22, 2013 at 4:59PM   
TanCalGal
I like the white cabinets. Add silver tone knobs & fixtures. Clear up the clutter on counters. I like the blinds. I can't see light fixtures to recommend new ones. I like master bed & master bath coordinated. I like the black tile floors & mirrors. A granite in a pattern that resembles marble. Contemporary Bathroom Felicity Knob

A round rug Hawks Landing

A bathroom is not a good place to store things: mold problems etc. I'd leave the makeup area as it is. You might not use it, but it looks adorable with the chair and adds style to the area. Perhaps a soft gray on walls. A small stool and decorative urn in make-up area. Mill Valley Classic Cottage

Test paint colors before U paint walls. Read here: http://www.lindaholtinteriors.com/2011/07/testing-wall-color-101/
January 22, 2013 at 6:15PM