Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Paint color and this light
skovash18
January 19, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are finishing our basement and we bought these lights for the theater area. They are our favorite. However, I wanted to do a grey and smokey blue color on the wall and now I am thinking I can't because of so much brown in the light. Do I really have to paint the brown/ tan colors????
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Ironwood Builders
Steel grey walls would probably swallow your fixtures....but for a home theater, dark walls would be beneficial. We did a theater for a client with cherry plywood wall panels. The cherry was dark enough that the theater worked well, your light would show up and the amber of the mica will complement the cherry..and vice versa. As an alternate, and less expensive solution, strips of cherry at the sconce locations, floor to ceiling and then steel grey paint in between?
January 19, 2013 at 2:40PM     
kjwhamb
I think it will work with gray and blue. In fact, the image shows it on a grayish wall (perhaps a gray-brown), and it looks great.

Awesome light choice, by the way!
January 19, 2013 at 2:55PM     
gingerclaire
Were you thinking of grey AND blue? I have had a go at putting your light on a blueish wall, I think that would provide a good contrast to the orange tones in the light. The colour is SW Mount Etna.
January 19, 2013 at 3:26PM     
PRO
JWinteriors
Dont forget to paint the ceiling a dark color...adds drama and a movie quality feel. The darker the better for the walls. Visual interest would be to do floor to ceiling wood strips larger than the sconces to break up the wall and give the sconces more impact. If you painted the ceiling black and the wood panels black, they would go with the black leather seating. The walls could be in the dark gray blue.
January 19, 2013 at 3:46PM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.