powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Any ideas for transforming large pots to something cool?
zoellemae
January 19, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We just bought this house and there are trees there in these huge pot and when the palm go in the ground, I want to do something cool with in instead of throwing them out. Im not sure the actual dimensions of the pots there are.... HUGE. Any ideas??
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
carbary
Are the pots wood?
January 19, 2013 at 6:52PM   
Tricia Elkinton
Will you entertain here? Any need to add some "bar tables" to the sides of these? Hang some lights?? Call some friends over? You could add hinges to the tables and they could be raised if the occasion presented itself??
January 19, 2013 at 6:58PM     
ajacksonbird
You could line them well the create a fountain inside and use the pot as a beautiful water feature! Or you could plant a garden in it or even take it apart to build a picnic table,etc
January 19, 2013 at 10:44PM   
Jayme H.
Do u want to make a statement? With this size...they prettty much are already...How about putting an arborvitae (tall variety) in the middle/surrround it with ornamental shrub or grasses and hang out trailing plants all around the rim?..Also the arborvitaes could be shaped into topiaries or spirals....then stain the wood on the planter...Those would be very interesting planters.
January 19, 2013 at 10:59PM   
Jayme H.
Arborvitaes
January 19, 2013 at 11:02PM   
panjatty
These are great. I love the weathering. I see a bar in their future. ;)
January 19, 2013 at 11:03PM   
Jayme H.
A few grasses...plants will depend on climate compatibility
January 19, 2013 at 11:07PM   
zoellemae
thank you all. wonderful ideas.
January 20, 2013 at 3:40PM   
Jayme H.
If you don't want to use them in landscaping, or salvage the wood...I was thinking..turn them upside down and cut openings for a kid's playhouse, if u have kids.
January 20, 2013 at 3:50PM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.