Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need Help redecorating Salonloft.
lyndaherren
January 20, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Want to redecorate our salonloft and having hard time picking colors.I have purchased 2 pieces for the walls that have alot of color (mustard yellows, blues,greens,reds, oranges browns. I have some turquoise pieces I would like to use again but do not want color on walls.Will not be using peacock decor again. Looking for an accent color for wall with the stations on them and another color for the rest. Really want it to feel warmer but want to stay away from red on walls. Please help!!!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
JWinteriors
I would paint walls by the stations Latte from Sherwin Williams. This will make the lamp shades stand out more and work with espresso color on ceiling.
January 20, 2013 at 12:15am   
PRO
JWinteriors
I would also trade out mirror for a large lean to mirror...visually opening up the space. The art would go on where peacock is.
January 20, 2013 at 12:17am     
lyndaherren
yes forgot to mention ceiling...what about the other walls any suggestion?
January 20, 2013 at 12:18am   
onthefence
Great art !

I just googled and found an article on the Sherwin Williams website. According to that, the colors most complimentary to skin tones are pink and orange. Could you use a much lighter version of the orange in your artwork? I'm thinking that you want people to look in the mirror and see themselves at their best. I think the orange would go great with the turquoise too.
January 20, 2013 at 12:21am     
PRO
JWinteriors
Loose the small touchier floor lamp..a spot light on the floor shining up would give drama...maybe paint the wall with the art Kilm Beige, which is 2 shades lighter than Latte to make an impact with the art.
January 20, 2013 at 12:21am     
onthefence
OH! I just opened the Sherwin Williams website and they have a thing they call color visualizer. You can upload your photo and try different colors. Might be worth a try.
January 20, 2013 at 12:23am   
PRO
JWinteriors
...or do 5 wide horizontal stripes on that wall to give visual interest using the Kilm Beige and Latte
January 20, 2013 at 12:24am   
PRO
JWinteriors
Onthefence...I have tried that, but every monitor is different. So the colors aren't true to the actual paint. Hard to do, too.
January 20, 2013 at 12:26am   
lyndaherren
Thank you for your suggestions. Here is the wall behind us. we are taking down retail shelving we are also separating the seating area and getting standing display shelf.
January 20, 2013 at 12:27am   
PRO
JWinteriors
Lynda..the other walls would be creamy white. It would be simply elegant and trendy with the art and light fixtures. Home goods and Kirkland sell lean to mirrors for about $100
January 20, 2013 at 12:29am     
onthefence
Excellent point JWinteriors. I forget about the monitor thing. And it's bitten me more than once!
January 20, 2013 at 12:29am     
lyndaherren
We have to use Sherwin Williams and they have someone that does the painting. The original colors were picked using visualizer and were not what we thought. One of the girls that moved in just painted her loft with color also did not look the same as hoped. I was leaning toward Coral/orange but do not want pumpkin or pink.I also want to get rid of grey color on other walls.
January 20, 2013 at 12:31am     
PRO
JWinteriors
Target sells nice book shelves for around $130 a piece ..comes in the dark espresso
January 20, 2013 at 12:32am     
lyndaherren
We also have a skylight in loft but I think I took these at night it was 6 months ago. We have changed the table to turquiose table and added pieces to top of cabinets
January 20, 2013 at 12:34am   
lyndaherren
I hate the standing light. Its a dark corner there so I definitely need something. The wall is crooked and theres a odd nook to the right that you really cant do much too.
January 20, 2013 at 12:36am   
PRO
JWinteriors
Do you like the idea of doing large horizontal stripes on that wall in sitting area? If so, you can wrap the stripes around the corner..stop there and paint Latte from that point on. It will fool the eye that the bump out was necessary for the stripes and the accent wall color blends the small wall with the longer station wall. Can you get spot lights up on the ceiling since it is all open? They could then spot the striped wall with the art.
January 20, 2013 at 1:39am