Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Roof Color
santolo
January 20, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are Adding Solar and a new roof. Not sure what color...Either stay with red tones as shown or go monochromatic. Our style is minimalist (interior and backyard)Pictures of front and back yard attached. Thank you !
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AMN
I think dark gray would look best if that is an option. Dark gray will make the warm wood tones stand out more and provide a more cohesive, grounded look. Beautiful landscaping you have there!
0 Likes   January 20, 2013 at 10:47AM
victorianbungalowranch
Agree, and probably would blend better with the solar panels, which tend to be blue.
0 Likes   January 20, 2013 at 10:57AM
santolo
Thank you for the response...I have looked at the dark gray as well,. Just not sure.. Deborah Carl designed the landscape. She is great!
0 Likes   January 20, 2013 at 2:07PM
houssaon
You are going solar. Where are the panels going to be? What material is the rest of the roof going to be? Metal?
0 Likes   January 20, 2013 at 2:11PM
houssaon
I would not go too dark, since it is counter-productive. Here are some Houzz examples: NEXTHouse – Seattle, WA « DAVID VANDERVORT ARCHITECTS and Vermont Organic Farm.

Love the landscaping and your house.
0 Likes   January 20, 2013 at 2:15PM
santolo
Facing the house, the solar panels are being installed at the right side of the house. The major are of the roof you will see is from the front (picture). Yes, I am open to metal...
0 Likes   January 20, 2013 at 7:39PM
PRO
Culbertson Durst Interiors
A dark brown roof to match the bronze windows would work. Paint you facias a bronze color to match the windows as well
1 Like   January 20, 2013 at 7:49PM
victorianbungalowranch
Putting in a light roof can qualify you for tax credits, along with the solar panels. Worth checking out the regs, and houssanon makes a good point that a dark roof would be counterproductive in a hot climate.
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 7:20AM
santolo
Thank you for all the feedback...Looks like I need to check out the metal roofs :)
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 12:02PM
More Discussions
Exterior design options
Currently remodeling house..Ideas, options, experiments......
Family Room Ideas
We are set to close on this house next week. We actually...
tile and/or wood floors
We are about to start renovations on property in Central...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Do you mind mirrors in the dining room?
[houzz=http://www.houzz.com/photos/1124199/Vintage-Nouveau-Home-eclectic-dining-room-los-angeles] This...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.