powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
NEED HELP FOR COOL ELEVATOR UPDATE IDEAS IN BEDROOM & GREAT ROOM!
lakelivingros
January 20, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are remodeling our house and have an elevator that we are going to remove if we can figure out a cool design for it. The elevator sits between the kitchen and bathroom and lakeside view. We want to blow out the kitchen wall to open up to a great room and move the bathroom to the street side. Our dilemma is that if we leave the elevator in the way, there will only be a tub size space between the lake view and the elevator. I was thinking there must be some super cool way to open up the space and make the space useable on both levels. The elevator comes up to the master bedroom and is between the wrap around deck wall and the master bathroom. If we converted it into a useable elevator we would need to come up with a design that made it functional on both levels. If we removed it we could enclose that space to be a bigger bathroom and closet. I have been searching for cool photos, but have not found anything! A elevator bar would be cool, but it would then leave a big bulging awkward space downstairs. Please give me ideas and pictures!
The pictures show the elevator door with metal, a close up of the inside, the downstairs where behind the left blue chair is the small bathroom, then to the right is the elevator door, then right of that is the kitchen (behind the wall that we would like to remove). Then the last photo is of the master, where the door on the right is the bedroom entrance, the middle door is the master bath, and the door to the left is the elevator. To the left of the elevator shaft is a built in outside closet connected to the wrap around deck over the downstairs bathroom, which we would like to enclose in.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
This inspired me to think of turning it into a wine cellar. Can you get to temperature though?

0 Likes   January 20, 2013 at 7:44PM