Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need Help Kitchen Remodel
kellidaisy7
January 20, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hello! We are in the process of reconfiguring the space we have to make it more useable. I've attached one of the design drawings that we like but we don't want to loose too much space at the opening to the kitchen as that is where we plan to put our table. We are thinking of moving the master bedroom door from the back kitchen corner with the idea of adding a hallway along the living room to a new bedroom door. If we do that we have to move the current counter back 3ft, and then that space would become the hallway. Then we have 7ft left to work with which leaves us with a 3ft counter and a 4ft opening to the kitchen. We aren't sure if we will have enough room to keep a table where we have it now so we have enough room to access the kitchen with ease because according to the design plan we only have a 4ft kitchen opening? Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you:) Kelli
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kellidaisy7
A couple more photos:)
0 Likes   January 20, 2013 at 7:44PM
afirmin
So if I follow your description the current bedroom door is to the left of the refrigerator in that top pic and you want to move it to the right side. In the sketch of the new design the stove is located where the bedroom door is now, correct? It also looks like the pantry wall is being pushed back where the current bedroom door is located to expand the kitchen. If this is true then the 4 ft space between the new counter location and the existing wall on the left of the top pic (just beyond where the table sits) should be enough. It opens up in to the expanded kitchen space so I don't think it will feel closed off. You might want to turn the counter with the sink into an island so you have an entrance from the master bedroom side.
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 7:00PM
kellidaisy7
Hi Afirmin! You are correct. I think the idea of making the counter with the sink an island would be a nice way to open up the kitchen and keep the 'open' flow of the floor plan consistent with the rest of the house. Thank you for the comment! Love it!
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 7:26PM