Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Kitchen backsplash
aaudino
January 20, 2013 in Design Dilemma
What color and style of backsplash should I install in a modern kitchen with blizzard white ceasarstone counters, white gloss upper cabinets and dark wood lower cabinets?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Anish Motwani Associates
Hello

If you want to make it look vibrant than go for RED and GRey color mix
OR
you want to keep it simple than go for Blue and Grey mix

Regards
www.anishkmotwani.in
January 20, 2013 at 10:03pm   
houssaon
This kitchen with the same counter top installed what looks like the same material in tiles for the black splash: Contemporary Budget Kitchen. This is attractive: Corona Del Mar Contemporary Kitchen.

A mirror backsplash would look great, but check to see if you need something behind the stove. SeeMEA - Sausalito Residence From this picture it looks like it is OK: Kitchen 1. It must be a certain type of glass to withstand the heat. Close up, notice mirrored switch plates - a must: Kitchen 2.

My last suggestion is do a color you love: The Yamane Residence, Contemporary Vermont Farm House, and New Mood Design.
January 20, 2013 at 10:07pm   
alsad
Depends on what you want for your finished look.. I think grey horizontal tiles would look great
January 20, 2013 at 10:28pm   
PRO
Subway Tile Outlet
Check out these photos attached using our Sky Blue Glass Subway Tile. You can also find even more pictures in our kitchen backsplash gallery here: http://www.subwaytileoutlet.com/gallery/Kitchen-Backsplash-Tile-Pictures.html
January 20, 2013 at 10:30pm   
Darzy
If you want to play it safe color-wise and look great...how about a stainless steel subway tile? Here's one with subway, and smooth stainless behind the stove.

January 20, 2013 at 10:35pm   
onthefence
If you wanted to stay with something sleek and seamless you could try back-painted glass. Note - I'm not suggesting this color, just the idea of the material.

I've had the tile in the bathroom photo marked for a while too. I'm not sure what it is but if you look at the questions attached to it, a lot of people have made suggestions.
GRIFFIN ENRIGHT ARCHITECTS: Mandeville Canyon Residence
Pacific Heights Mediterranean
January 20, 2013 at 10:40pm   
PRO
Barbra Bright Design
I love dimensional tile. Consider tile by Daniel Ogassian: http://www.ogassian.com/
January 20, 2013 at 11:19pm   
alwaysdesigning
I am using this stick glass tile in my new house kitchen; looks like it could work for you nicely. There are different color ways, some are thinner than others, some are shinier than others (glass vs. stone sticks). You can even turn them to run vertically behind your cooktop for an accent. Research and pick a nice complement to your style. Subway tiles are so boring. Good luck
[houzz=Paton Terrace Kitchen]
[houzz=Palos Park Kitchen Renovation]
[houzz=A.S.D. Interiors kitchen remodel]
[houzz=Modern Kitchen for Real Cooks]
January 20, 2013 at 11:27pm     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.