Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Alternatives to sofa - daybed?
losaltosmom
January 21, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hi! My husband read a recent article on New York Times about the adverse effects of sofa fire retardant chemicals (chemicals required by law / TB 117 in California) on young children and he wants to find an alternative to sofas/ upholstered furniture.

We saw online that a mom used a wood daybed frame, organic mattress, organic pillows to make a couch. There are also wood futons with organic mattresses.

Do you have any other ideas? The organic sofas without fire retardants cost $5000+ each.

Any ideas for sofa alternatives and suggestions to make daybed into sofa would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Aja Mazin
January 21, 2013 at 1:00am   
karelina
There are some fairly snazzy daybeds around at various prices, starting with Ikea at the inexpensive end.
January 21, 2013 at 1:17am   
PRO
Vikrant Sharma Homez
Please do not mind but now a days we have stopped living , just a article in N.Y.T , And we Panic , when I was studying In England I read a Graffiti that read The Greatest Cause of Stress Today is that We are Alive , so as long as we live we will have stress ; but we do not let go off the Life inside us , the spark is always there so don't pay heed to such small things , be safe , Over Hygiene and Excess Information is Killing us ! Lol , Do not Sweat the small stuff .
January 21, 2013 at 2:10am     
More Discussions
Got two samples ! Opinions!
Think I like the white glass better
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
Need Help Designing our Main room in New Apartment in Zurich!
The Main room of our apartment needs help! Right now...
Empty space | what to do?
What would you do with this space? It's a pass through...
Whiskey glasses -- Keep or return?
Felt pressed to order a set of whiskey glasses for...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.