Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Kitchen Layout Design Dilemma
tash8989
January 21, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We have just bought our first house and need help with the layout for a new kitchen. So far we want storage on the wall with the fridge but otherwise very lost in the process.
I want an eclectic feel, and yellow walls with turquoise appliances but other than that very lost!
First time renovators so any help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Tash
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Main Line Kitchen Design
Appliances in unusual colors will be prohibitively expensive. Try to spend money on getting the best layout first. And then get the cabinetry, countertops, and appliances you like that are also not exotic or that unusual in style and color. Being different doubles, triples, or more, the cost of these, the most expensive parts of your kitchen. Then be as different as you like with the flooring, backsplash, and wall colors. Not only will you get a better designed kitchen because it was your first priority and doing that costs very little, but the cost of the whole project will be a fraction of what it would have been. Another plus will be that this way your home will appeal to the most buyers should you ever decide to sell. The new homeowner know that they can repaint, change the backsplash, etc, as they see fit.

My best advice is to get help from a kitchen designer. They will know all this pricing information and will help you get the best lay out and spend your money more effectively.

Here is a link to an article on this issue:
http://www.mainlinekitchendesign.com/general/you-have-to-see-our-new-kitchen/
January 21, 2013 at 3:58AM     
wmpj
The comments Main Line Kitchen Design made are spot on. If you can post a layout of your kitchen with dimensions, it will make it easier to help you.
January 21, 2013 at 4:42AM   
PRO
Dytecture
I agree with keeping the appliances finish / color neutral, but have fun experimenting with colors in other parts of the kitchen.

If you haven't done it already, first step would be to measure out your existing kitchen space in order to know what options are available to you for a more efficient design that suits your lifestyle better.

January 21, 2013 at 6:26AM   
erickzl
Hi, visit this site dynamicspace.com, you will find very useful to determine the spaces and organization
July 23, 2014 at 7:18AM