Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with my living room.
Diana Pardo
January 21, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I live on a military base so I cant paint. I have some temporary furniture as you can see by the chair. Id like to get curtains. I was thinking black and white striped horizontal. Please help
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Why don't you get something more neutral and less trendy? You may be moving a lot and a simple curtain will be more flexible for you when you move from one assignment to another. Add the stripes and patterns and color in pillows, throws, and artwork. I'd keep curtains and area rugs neutral and more flexible, and put effort and money into less expensive accessories that can easily be changed as your taste and fashion trends change.
January 21, 2013 at 8:00am   
patriciarhall
Diana, is that a sliding door behind the sofa with the blinds? If so, do you use that door for access to the room? Also, do you open the slat blinds for light in the room, or leave them closed?
January 21, 2013 at 8:11am   
Diana Pardo
I don't open them since there is no privacy. I keep them closed. I doubt I will open them during the summer since I live in Okinawa and the ac will run most of the time. My couch is shaped differently so it's hard to line it up against anything. So I decided I can put it in front of the sliding glass door. Behind me is my tv. The counter top is next to the chair. This space is small and long and weird.
January 21, 2013 at 8:18am   
Diana Pardo
Another view
January 21, 2013 at 8:19am   
Diana Pardo
The rest.
January 21, 2013 at 8:20am   
patriciarhall
thanks for all the photos. I assume the slat blinds on the sliding doors belong to the apartment and you can't toss them. But, maybe you could take the slats down and put them under your bed til time for you to move on and put them back up (aren't they on little hooks?) and leave the "cornice" to hide the hardware. Then cover the glass with removable wallpaper that has some pattern and happy colors.
January 21, 2013 at 8:37am   
PRO
Blinds Direct Canada
Since its such a large space to cover I would definitely recommend Ripplefold Drapery. It can be made in any fabric you choose it usually comes with a cord to slide it open and closed. They best part about about this product is that its really easy to install and uninstall if you ever move you can take it with you. IT can also be mounted to the exactly to cover the holes of the vertical track.
http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/drapery-toronto/panels/ripplefold-drapery.html
January 21, 2013 at 1:14pm   
More Discussions
What should we do with this atrium?
We just bought a house built in 1984 that has this...
Help with my living room
Hi everyone who can help. This is my third time putting...
What kind of porch will make this house 'homey looking'?
Need to decide what to do with the front exterior prior...
Interior door selection - panel question
Curious if there's any commentary out there regarding...
Let's play in my LR!
OK, so we moved into this much smaller place over a...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.