Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Entry Way Ideas
savings
January 21, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Looking for the "right" mirror, lamp and accessories for the front entry way. Then for that to flow into the living room. Gold, bronze, driftwood or color? Ditch the dresser idea or keep it?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
cjktsd
I would bring the iron in from the stairs. It also looks like the handles on the dresser might be iron. I would also put a runner on the dresser to bring in the tones that are in the family room .
January 21, 2013 at 10:22am     
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
Great dresser, I would paint it a black gloss..Hang, vertically, a tall (min. 48") framed mirror, antiqued gold/silver frame. Finish with a bold, tall lamp (not a buffet lamp), and a smaller green plant, and maybe a simply framed family photo..
January 21, 2013 at 10:30am     
carissanovick
I would keep the dresser since it goes with the other white accent tables in your living room. To make a more dramatic entry you could paint the entry way wall a deep gray blue or even add wallpaper. I would add a tall windowpane mirror to go with the cottage feel and maybe a clear glass lamp and sea glass vases. They have all these accessories at Target right now so very affordable update. :)
January 21, 2013 at 10:32am     
PRO
ATGStores.com
Hi, Savings. We agree with cjktsd with regard to bringing in the iron, but we also like your idea of driftwood and contemporary yet rustic feel of the space. We selected a mirror we thought you'd like (http://www.atgstores.com/wall-mirrors/cyan-design-04861-adler-wall-mirror-raw-iron_g957053.html?isku=7569816&linkloc=cataLogProductItemsImage) and paired it with several lamps (http://www.atgstores.com/table-lamps_95.html?linkLoc=topnav), and we hope these give you some ideas. Good luck!
January 21, 2013 at 11:05am   
carissanovick
I would also add a cute basket or bowl for keys! It makes it much easier in the morning! :)
January 21, 2013 at 11:26am     
houssaon
I like the dresser, but center it on that wall. I like the suggestion of painting it black, but you have white furniture so if you prefer to keep it white that is fine, too. With a large tall lamp and some accessories, and a large mirror or piece of art it will look good. Here are some photos to give you an idea of scale, not style: Kiawah Island Preserve Riverfront, Jennifer Neal Design Studio, Entry, and San Francisco Pacific Heights Residence.

Good luck!
January 21, 2013 at 11:37am     
savings
carissanovick...thanks-so-much for your advice. I went to Target tonight! I like the windowpane mirror idea, but am afraid it is too small of scale. (Thanks to houssaon for giving examples.) Thanks for the tips!!!! If I put plates or some other framed pics. next to it, will the scale size still be too small?
THANKS-A-TON!!!
January 21, 2013 at 7:42pm   
elw4797
Nope too small. Right feel but double the size.
January 21, 2013 at 7:47pm     
lovebugsmom
I love the dresser but the lamp should be a light wood color with maybe a burlap or black shade. I saw that at Target also. Plus the mirror needs to be way more chunky and substantial. The ceiling looks high, Add a nice vase of fresh flowers and nature inspired items.
January 21, 2013 at 7:58pm     
pcmom1
Buy many things at one time to try out. Much easier that way. See what works and return the rest. And remember, when in doubt: Go big!
January 21, 2013 at 8:06pm     
savings
THANKS for your tips. Because my living room is more suttle, I am trying to stay to the light/suttle look, but I feel like i have to tie in the black with the hardware and spindles. I do not like the black spindles and have been trying to ignore them. But, this dresser has black on it, too, so I feel ike I need to pull a little black, but not too much. I will look for a bigger mirror :)))
January 21, 2013 at 8:08pm   
hockey456
If you like the window pane mirror you bought, just buy another one and hang them close together, side by side. Bring in black with an iron lamp. ... Not too spindly though.
January 22, 2013 at 12:06am   
January 22, 2013 at 12:11am