Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Pseudo Pantry
rachelkap
January 21, 2013 in Design Dilemma
When this was remodeled by the previous owner the pantry was turned into a small office. So this wooden armoire was added to use as a pantry. It looks large and awkward in the space. Any suggestions as to replacing it?: I attach a picture straight on and in the other direction to give you a feel for the entire space.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
yvonnecmartin
Paint it to match the cabinets or the backsplash.
January 21, 2013 at 10:56am   
houssaon
To my eye, it doesn't look large or awkward at all. I like it because it repeats the wood tone of the beams and the other furniture. Is this your existing furniture or the previous owners?
January 21, 2013 at 11:00am     
Demogrl
I also think painting it to match existing cabinets (if you are able to) and moving it flush with other cabinets so it looks like it flows.
January 21, 2013 at 11:10am     
adamchristensen
Depending on your budget, I can think of two ideas that would accomplish what you are looking for. 1- Replace the freestanding pantry with cabinets that match the existing cabinets and it would all blend together seamlessly. 2- Paint the pantry a green hue to tie together the backsplash, dining seat cushions and art work across the room. Having said that, I don't mind the natural wood color of the piece. It adds warmth to the room. Pics may not do justice for the awkard overwhelming feeling you actually get in the room though.
January 21, 2013 at 11:15am   
mollythecollie
I agree with Demogrl. It looks like it is really crowding the doors on the left. You have a beautiful home!
January 21, 2013 at 11:17am     
rachelkap
it belong to the previous owners. Molly, i agree it feels like it crowds the door next to it and its enormous height adds to the awkwardness. I was thinking of just adding bottom cabinets or some kind of "island' with a marble top ( I like to bake) . I don't need anymore top cabinets. and maybe put above it a pretty shelf or interesting artwork would work.
January 21, 2013 at 11:36am     
tiffanybythesea
Move it to another room and add to current cabs. Lots of other uses - linens, china storage
January 22, 2013 at 12:09pm     
wmpj
I actually think it look gorgeous. I would move it over towards the cabinets a bit more so that it's not so close to the doors. I think the pantry looks good with the style of your kitchen, beams and decor.
January 22, 2013 at 12:40pm     
More Discussions
Need advice on best master bedroom/bathroom/walk-in-closet layout
Looking for advice on how to best layout a master bedroom/bathroom...
Let's play in my LR!
OK, so we moved into this much smaller place over a...
Bathroom crisis, and corner bathtub questions
Hi there. I m renovating this bathroom. I would like...
Family room decorating
Looking for advice in picking console table for this...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.