Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help please, colours in living room?
Thera
January 21, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Us/We = Myself, hubby, 4 kids (11, 13, 14 and 21), 3 cats, a dog, a turtle and a hamster and usually lots of other kids, neighbours and family members visiting.

We have just finished clearing all the clutter and we love the sparse spacious feel of our living room, and we really cannot replace the pieces we have.

Yes I know hubby has to finish putting up the blinds, he will get there :) The frosting at the bottom is necessary as we face a busy pedestrian walk way and that is a south facing window to boot.

I love Nordic/swedish design and spaces, as well as french country and the woods but I do not want to pack up the space.

What I need is colours for everything. The walls are currently Lakeside Mist (as shown) but can be changed, I was thinking of doing a patchwork cover for the chair maybe in greys and blacks, I love the colour of our cedar chest which the t.v. is on.

I also need suggestions for art (and placement), fabrics etc.

Also this room opens to the front hall and dining room.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Carolyn C. Interior Decorator, Brampton, ON.
First, consider a larger area rug. Like the brown with the blue, but would clean up the couch with less in terms of throws and pillows. (keep them there if you need to protect the sofa for regular family times, but put them away when you are having adult time :-)

I would relocate the bench to under the window or on the long wall in the dining room and choose something larger for a coffee table. This is looking a bit thin. Even a storage ottoman if you like to put your feet up.

Also, try the desk facing the wall to the right so that it is not backing on to the draperies. It may require you to move the wing chair to the other side, or backing straight on to the window, closer to the sofa, but it may be worth a try.

Consider some of these rugs and pillows for inspiration. More to come :-)
4 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 11:48AM
PRO
More pillows
5 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 11:49AM
PRO
If you are using the frame above the sofa, with nothing in it, then consider making it part of a grouping and adding more. Also, consider two pouffs facing the window, or a long bench in a co-ordinating print. Great for the kiddies and easily moveable
1 Like   January 21, 2013 at 11:54AM
Thera
The couch is leather and being winter in Canada, it is a very cold fabric, but I am will to change the throws, dye them or whatever. The zebra over the arm I usually have on my lap, again because it is cold. How would layering a rug or two under the shaggy one look? And as I said, I hate brown, not terribly keen on blue either, painted the walls blue to offset the giant brown couch lol.
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 11:58AM
PRO
What part of Canada. I'm in Toronto. I also use a throw regularly. What do you really want or need to keep? Also, please don't think I'm being critical, I'm just trying to give you advice that will make what you have work.
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 12:01PM
PRO
You could layer a rug under the shag, but they tend to wrinkle up. Perhaps a sisal but then it's plain on plain. You may be spending money needlessly. As for the blue and the brown, it's pretty current and there are tons of accessories to go with them.
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 12:05PM
Thera
Barrie Ontario. I don't think you're being critical, I know the room needs help. Basically I need to keep what I have and do my best with it. I agree the coffee table is thin, but it works as the room is 15 x 13 and the kids play Kinect and WII, so it is easily shoved back or moved.
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 12:06PM
Thera
Maybe a sisal that I could paint a pattern on.
Any thoughts on the chair?
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 12:08PM
PRO
Yes, a Sisal - I think the brown edge. It's hard for me to see what's on the chair. I do understand - it's hard to get things the way you want when you have lots of kids around. Our house was like that - now they have all flown the coup, but I did love those days.

If you want to keep the room warm looking consider a nice texture in the blues and browns for the chair. It will add warmth Here are some prints for the chair.
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 12:33PM
PRO
More chair fabrics. These are just meant to inspire you and maybe in this group you may find something you like.
1 Like   January 21, 2013 at 12:34PM
Thera
Chair has little pink and orange roses with green leaves.
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 12:43PM
PRO
They are doing these chairs in great contemporary fabrics now and they look great. So you could choose a complimentary stripe, texture, floral, paisley or geometric print.
1 Like   January 21, 2013 at 12:57PM
thisnkat
It's a pretty blue... although, I would re-paint everything a nuetral color and use the blues as accent's. Pillow's throw's etc....add some coral or sunset accent's, modern green's and yellow's... Some crown molding, something antique style so the chair will fit in! Keep it light. Put the t.v on the wall! Some shelve's and white sheer drape's.... white photo frame's, fresh flower's and candle's....
1 Like   January 21, 2013 at 7:44PM
PRO
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
Hi Thera, Marie here.
I really recommend hiring a professional to come out and help you with accessorizing. The colours are beautiful, but you need to make sense of your choices to date. I'd start with an area rug, and make it big - don't cheap out and get a napkin under a plate, GO BIG! 9X12 if your room will take it. Feels more luxurious.

then add a splash of lemon yellow or citrine green as your third colour for interest - don't flat line it at cream, blue and black with oak floors.

Add a bold fun hit of black (maybe some blue) wall art in an art.com graphic or wall tattoo - great way to add huge impact and not break the bank.
Add some more of your love of the industrial in side tables and/or coffee table - I've compiled a mood board with the colours you've got happening in your space now - I hope it inspires you to spend a bit of money and hire a professional to come and help you get it right the first time.

good Luck!
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 11:44PM
Thera
@thisnkat This is a rental, so crown molding, t.v. on wall, shelves etc are a no go :(
Also, you probably can't tell due to the light, we have sheers on the window already, bordered on the inside with a touch of lace, and being a south face window, we need move coverage.

@Marie Thank you for the board!
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 4:33AM
Thera
To be a touch clearer on where I want to go, here are a few of my favourite living rooms.
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 4:59AM
PRO
Hi Thera. All of these rooms are very light. You may want to consider looking at slip covers from Surefit if you don't want to purchase new furniture. If you like the print on the chair, keep it as is which will also keep the cost down and slip cover the leather furniture in the off white of the chair background and paint out the blue on the walls. In the dining room take the same colour to the ceiling so you don't make the ceiling feel lower. Then get a larger rug or try layering the larger rug under the shag if you want to keep the shag. Get it from somewhere that you can return it in case you don't like it. Gotta go, have an appointment, but if I get a chance later I'll come back.

Have a great "freezing" day today :-) I'm ready for Florida.
1 Like   January 22, 2013 at 7:40AM
Thera
I already have a slipcover for the couch, but I have to figure out how to make it stay and I am contemplating dying it charcoal gray.
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 12:24PM
PRO
It's a bit more difficult on leather as it's slippy :-) The print on the chair should work with the gray. That would look better with the throw etc.
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 12:29PM
Thera
Also considering painting the trim on the chair, white, gray or black, any thoughts?
2 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 12:38PM
PRO
Hi Thera. Here is a shot of what I mean with the lighter walls. You could do a toile on the chair and paint it out white if the toile is blue and white, or gray or black if the toile is gray/blue/black - if you want something inexpensive and easy to do - get old pictures and just use the frames, paint them all out white and hang them - some overlapping over the sofa - it looks very nice, especially if the frames have some carving on them. Hope this helps.
1 Like   January 22, 2013 at 2:17PM
Leanne Lovie
More antlers! I saw the antler with that brown couch and blue wall. I think the blue is such a fashionable color that it makes those rustic accents like the antler and the branches in the corner look sophisticated. I want to see some antler wall art. I'm would change the rug to one with blue beige and brown stripes. Move the chest under the tv to the center as a coffee table and extra blanket storage. As far as the chair goes it needs reapulstered with a contemporary fabric or replaced. I'd look for something kind of graphic with that Nordic look you like in some combination of blue, grey, brown, tan, beige, or white.
1 Like   January 22, 2013 at 2:51PM
Thera
@ Carolyn C Love the idea of a gray/blue/black toile and the more frames and the rug(s).

@Leanne Lovie Maybe a striped rug under the shag and as for more antler art, I am an artist so I could do something like this in with the frames maybe?
2 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 3:20PM
Thera
Hmmm I just saw this a few days ago, might be a thought til I can afford a rug to go under the shag...
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 3:27PM
PRO
Antler Art is neat !
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 5:40PM
Leanne Lovie
I think I like the painted rug better than the double rug.
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 11:38PM
Thera
It's actually electrical tape, easy to undo :)
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 5:21AM
gillery
I think what you are truly looking for is a feminine touch, everything is very masculine right now except the chair. Think about painting the wall behind the Couch a light beige one of the colors in the rug, but keep it light to medium on the tone scale, be careful many beiges don't go with this blue. If you like the Nordic, French feel the chair fits, consider a small table against the side of the couch near the dinning room, this will not eat up any space for the wii'ers. try to find something with the same lines and feel of the chairs, pretty. (painted would be nice). A more feminine lighting goes a long way keep it on the light color side. You may also consider hanging the frame on the wall, paint around the frame the beige leave the blue inside the frame and hang the antlers inside the frame, even with the flowers as suggested above. I feel the antlers are a little lost on the bulk head. Also try softening the window by bringing the curtains in just a touch and pull them back ( more fem. softer lines). The grasses in the corner, could do to be airier softer, you have many straight lines in the home consider some round soft ones.
2 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 5:23AM
Thera
@gillery great suggestions, thank you!
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 6:11AM
PRO
Thera, why don't you consider doing a very large floor cloth. I'm sure you could do something really wonderful!!
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 7:07AM
geopalz
Color for walls depends on your tastes. If you like blues, you should try a more grayed (toned down) version of what's already there. Perhaps pale smoke by Ben Moore would work. Or one of my favorite colors with a modern flare and goes great with brown leathers and woods is Ben Moore's Revere Pewter. Also, to make the room feel more connected and cohesive, try centering the rug in the room. Center the sofa on the wall you have it, but pull it away from the wall and add a sofa table behind it. Center a large mirror (or large piece of art) over the sofa table and put a few reading lamps and books on the sofa table. On the opposite side of the room as the sofa, you need two chairs. Both facing the sofa (could be slightly cornered) with a side table between them. You also need a little bit larger coffee table. Perhaps a large ottoman would work. They not only serve a coffee tables but as foot stools and extra seating. It's a lot of bang for your buck! You can use a fun fabric to cover the ottoman to bring more color into the room. Also it looks as if your drapes are "off centered". The panel by the desk should be brought in more towards the window. Then you can hang a small piece of art over the desk. That is if the desk must stay there. I would suggest a different type of desk, (something skinny and long) and place it centered in front of the window, with your potted plants on either side. Of course, these are just suggestions. Your home is lovely and it should always reflect your own tastes and personality. I hope some of these suggestions help.
1 Like   January 23, 2013 at 7:19AM
brookelizabeth
Love your inspiration rooms. Try SW Rainwashed which is a pale grayed lovely aqua. I live in WI and it did not make my room feel cold. Also add some feminine white things, glossy white lightens things. Love all the ideas!
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 8:00AM
Thera
Floor cloth might be an idea and will look at some of these paint colours suggested.
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 8:30AM
fabislei7
Hi Thera, ok your window in your 15x13 livingroom is on the south face wall with a pedestrian way directly adjacent that needs privacy. I can see your dining room is also adjoined by your entrance foyer. I have been considering your tastes and have put about 4 hours in to help with ideas. Thank you to those who have recently posted. If I may strongly suggest as a mother of 4 sons the following: To increase size and space perception, relocate everything except the dining room table. 1- keep the blue walls as it appeals to your Nordic senses. 2- if you wish to add the chocolate as accents do so vertically on the walls. Not horizontally which reduces height perception on 8 foot ceilings. 3- Use the same color paint as the framework of your doorwall behind the table in your photo, and paint with an 4 inch width on each side of the door way to represent framing in on all adjacent door ways entering and exiting dining, living and foyer entrances. 4- See the Modern Nordic style drapes in Chocolate and Ice Blue attachment. For the cost - purchase eight. Place your existing sheers on a 2 inch valance leaving the hang to rise 1 inch from the floor line. Spread the valance from wall to wall to increase perception of width from 13 feet. You can use extensions to do this. Purchase a four to six inch valance rod bracket and rod that is about 2 inches in diameter similar to the image in the attachment according to your taste in style. It can be white or chocolate and install this in front of the 2 inch existing holding the sheers. Place your New Nordic Drapes (4) panels, space one on the left of the window nearest and adjacent or abutting the east wall, leave a space open showing the sheers from behind about a 30-36 inches, second Nordic panel, then leave a space open showing the sheers from behind about another 30 -36 inches, place the third panel, space for sheers and then finally the fourth Nordic panel on the far west wall adjacent and abutting to the entrance foyer. 5 - Duplicate this on your north dining room door wall sliding doorway except keep the two center Nordic panel side by side as one panel in perception as thirds instead of quarters and the south window is set. This will increase the perception of an open area living area. 6 - As an example area rug, as suggested previous, see new attachment, I agree to the 9x12 area rug. But get more than one, purchase one for the living area and one for the foyer entrance, and lay them on the floor with the horizontal lines matching up to eachother. The lines of the rug run the length of the rug, so line the rugs up by the width to increase the perception of distance from foyer to livingroom. (This means run the lines of the area rugs parallel to the south window and end to end) Also purchase matching design rugs but smaller ones (maybe 2-5x7's for your dining area, only this time match the length sides together so that your stripes will all go the same direction throughout the foyer, living and dining area. This will warm the atmosphere and increase spacial perception. You can now place your existing long hair Shagged Nordic rug over the area rugs just put in place and return your dining room table to its position on the new dining rugs which will warm your feet at dinner. 7- Place your couch about 8 inches in front of the south window and center it along with that cool dark narrow bench in front of the couch by 2 feet walking space (That bench is an awesome conversation piece and I personally feel it fits its purpose and fulfills its use! Good choice you made there. : ). 8- I found an apolsterer in your area of Barrie, Ontario called Fabric Smith Custom Upholstery. By the images on their web site, they have done chairs as yours with the floral print in the past and appears to be nice work. I would select an outdoor fabric used for patio furniture because of the kids, with a removable cushion cover for cleaning, and go with your ideas which were also great, See the attachment I have added for an idea. I have provided you with two reasons why you should stay away from the patchwork cover for the chair. Patchworks look great on European quilts and covers and throws, but not in my opinion as a chair or sofa covering. See the patchwork cover attachments.
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 12:08PM
fabislei7
Here is another patchwork covering on a similar chair.
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 12:09PM
fabislei7
9 - I noticed you have a rocking chair in your dining area near the door wall. OK, here we start showing real floor plan changes. Take your existing rocking chair and relocate it to the area where your existing flat screen is and face it towards the couch and south window. Take your stationary chair that needs reupholstering and relocate it to the opposite east wall and face it also to the couch and south window and in line with the rocking chair. 10- You can now take the cedar chest which has a hue of lavender in the grey, and place it aside the stationary chair on the center of the room side between the rocker and the chair but abutting the stationary chair. The rocker can be utilized as a fifth seating option and easily moved toward the center of the room if desired and returned to the west corner of the livingroom. Whew... ok 11- I would selct a paint for your stationary chair with a lavender hue in it as is the cedar chest. You can easily get a color match at any home improvement store and if you get a quart of high gloss with primer included, you will be amazed at how well the coat performs with only one coating! Keep the remainder of the paint for use on various other decor items you may have in mind to recycle or refurbish. I can tell you are good at this too. 12- If you go with the Sisal for the Area Rugs, you can fabric match them by simply purchasing an extra panel or two of your drapes, and cut linear strips in equal widths and frame in your sisal edges with a simple needle and thread. 13- You can also make additional matching kidney pillows for your rocking chair, stationary chair and even a table padded mat for your cedar chest. You can purchase nice down filled square pillows for about $20 each now, and cover them with removable covers from your Drapery fabric for your couch. The down allows you to put that cool V-crease in the center of your pillow for display. 14- Now some pow factors. See the attachment with the tree? You can get these decals on line or you can actually save the image to a stick and take it to your local printing offices who can create a wall size piece of paper with the image on it. You can transfer the image from the paper to your wall with straight pin impressions through the paper. Once you have the design on the wall pin pricked, you can remove the paper and paint the outline of the tree. Cool huh. Thought you and and kids might like this touch both on one dining room wall and then on the opposite facing wall in your livingroom. Just an idea of course. Might be too much. But it is an option for you. 15- the following color pallets may work for you as decor enhancements. See attachments
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 12:37PM
fabislei7
16- One thing I love is Rustoleum's Bright Coat Metalic Finish, but also comes in matte. It is a spray. When I change my decor color in my house anywhere, Rustoleum has both gold and silver tones to choose from. I use it on my brass candleabras and any wood or metal object I want to refurbish. It works great. Even to paint mis matching drawer and door hardware. I personally like all my hardware to be consistent through out my home. 17- Here are some ideas also for a candleabra and table napkin holders
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 12:59PM
Gavin Blackwell
Hi! I think touches of olive, light mustard or golden yellow look great with pale blue. In my house, I used a very light grey on one of my pale blue living room walls to break it up a bit. I found this picture and thought it might give you some ideas colour wise, without having to repaint everything. The gold frames warm things up a bit too and the simple geometric patterns in the cushions add interest, I can imagine them on your sofa.
1 Like   January 23, 2013 at 1:14PM
Thera
Holding onto response for a moment, as I was typing there were more responses :)
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 1:14PM
fabislei7
Both the candleabra and the napkin holders are Nordic inspired designs. Oh and here is what a four panel window dressing would look something like across your south window wall. 18- I also found a faux fireplace that can be used as a bench for your flat screen tv up against the east wall where your couch currently sits. You can place mirrors and candle holders made of black wrought iron where the customary fire insert would normally go. I did this in my house and it loods great. I even put of a fireplace screen to add to the illusion of an existing fireplace. I have received many compliments. Check your lease, but I believe you can install small " Eye screws that you can secure your hearth and tv to the wall without major damage to the wall. The screws are small (some smaller than picture nails) and you can easily patch the holes when you move with Dap Patching Plaster and a toothbrush size paint brush to touch up when dry with the left over paint you have from the walls. Always keep your left overs and keep them sealed tightly in a cool dark place. 19- I would suggest lowering the existing deer antler to eye level above where I suggested the stationary chair is to sit in the east corner and just to the left of the fireplace and flatscreen tv.
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 1:28PM
Thera
Wow, thank you for putting so much time and thought into this, I do appreciate it!
The table to the right of the couch holds our entire stereo unit, but I think it is too tall beside the couch. I may be able to convince hubby to lose the stereo as it's ugly stand and 2 giant speakers are already in the basement.

We cleared all the clutter and I want to keep it sparse, but at the moment my basement is full of stuff, end tables, bookcases, a taller uglier green chair, wonderful old suitcases we used as a side table at one point, lamps, vases, crates, candle holders, knick knacks, frames, pictures etc.

We truly do not have much money for this kind of stuff, so any upholstering, dying, curtains etc I will do/make myself. However, I also have a great sewing machine, tons of fabrics, some dye, a heavy duty stapler etc. Same goes for artwork.

FYI:
That back north wall with the sliding doors faces onto an alley, which is why I frosted it.
There is app 1/8" of wall on the west side and app 2' on the east side.
The living room is the only room adjacent to the front hall. On the other side of the dining room is a kitchen and a powder room.
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 1:47PM
fabislei7
20- there is another option I found appealing. That is to place your open wood framed art on to the west wall where I suggested the rocker to go in the corner. Maybe take from this next attachment an idea to include the antler here with boughs of pine and fir, with as shown some elegant ornate hanging chromes.
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 2:42PM
geopalz
To add to my earlier suggestions, There is no rule that says a sofa has to be placed against the longest wall in a room. You might consider rearranging the furniture altogether. Sometimes that's all it takes to make a room come together (and at this point will not cost you a dime. You might try these suggestions just to see how it would work out for you before making a lot of purchases.

Do something daring and put the back of the sofa facing the dining room, breaking the two rooms up. Place a sofa table or, if you need more storage, a buffet or dresser behind the sofa. Add some lamps for lighting behind the sofa and some statement pieces like your white owl. Hang the TV on the longest wall (that is the wall where your sofa is now) and hang other framed art and prints around it (in a gallery style) . Center the rug in front of sofa. Place the rocker and frenchy chair on the opposite corners of the rug with a side table between. Get yourself a nice large ottoman as a coffee table as mentioned before. They make a great, comfy place to sit for playing video games and the extra seating you need for all those kids and visitors you have. You can then put your desk in the corner where the TV is now as kind of a "home office" area. Hang a cutesy bulletin board there. Your long bench that you are using as a coffee table now could go in front of the window and hold some potted plants. You could place a few baskets underneath for storing video games and accessories. I read one suggestion of hanging draperies across the entire window wall. That would be a great idea if you go with the kind of furniture placement I am suggesting. However, I would leave the center drapery panel out. You would need sheers all the way across and panels at each end.

There are photos of a similar arrangement at a blog I read. Brooklyn Brownstone blog. Take a look at her living room. Good luck.
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 2:52PM
fabislei7
Here are some other decor ideas in attachments
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 2:54PM
fabislei7
Here I took an image and divided it into three separate ones. Something you can do as well. If you are crafty, you can go to the Craft store nearest you to pick up blank canvas's and paste cut out prints as these to them to float upon adjoining walls to bring the room ideas to a more inclusive environment.
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 3:00PM
druif
Hy,I Already really like your room. I think you have a great base for the french cottage look. and in the dining aria you could go more Swedish/ Nordic.
I am no designer, nor have any experience but for my own room.
You could paint the dining room set white. Repaint the brown border near the ceiling white. Screw some legs under the tv stand. ( I like the old look of it, rustic!)
Art idea: you already have an nice old frame. Make a collage of old frames on a wall. Place them next and over each other making a nice geometric pattern. Or frame framing frame framing frame etc. A few times , next to each other.
1 Like   January 23, 2013 at 3:27PM
fabislei7
I know you can not place the couch near the diningroom because it would block off the only pathway to the front entrance door you have. I think geopalz had a good idea if your room was wider. You can not restrict your path coming in and out of exits in case of a fire. Here are more ideas. It is always good to bring in one or two living elements into Nordic design. These indoor curly firs never grow greater than 4 feet and are a nice addition to the sides of a faux fireplace. Hope these ideas help you out. Fabislei7@yahoo.com
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 3:30PM
fabislei7
Here are some ideas for your couch problem, when you use a non-slip area rug liner under your blanket on the couch - the blanket stays where you left it last!
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 3:40PM
fabislei7
The end table I am certain will fit aside your couch with it on your couch on your south wall under the window. Enjoy your imagination and let your creative energy flow!
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 3:43PM
PRO
Thera, your head must be positively spinning :-) Have fun.
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 5:24PM
Thera
Lol it is spinning!
And thank you for the suggestions, but as stated, the couch is too big to go across that space without blocking it, believe me I have tried it :) Also I still need room for rambunctious kinect/wii players.
Not sure if it can be seen, but I have an old 50's like metal picnic basket on the left side of the couch that holds all our cd's/games/controllers etc., so I actually have a handle on that part!

Regarding the block of colour at the top of the dining room:
I actually did that on purpose to bring the ceiling down in that area, firstly to make the room a touch smaller/cozier and to give visual seperation to the living/dining areas, also if you look carefully, on the west wall of the dining room there are pictures suspended from twine right at the borderline as one would with a picture rail ( maybe I need to post a pic) but everyone seems to hate it lol!
0 Likes   January 23, 2013 at 6:23PM
prettydog
Wow, there are some great ideas here...picked one for myself! I love the idea of the open wood frame with the branch and lanterns.
1 Like   January 24, 2013 at 2:27AM
Thera
Working on quite a few things today, will post pictures later or tomorrow!
0 Likes   January 24, 2013 at 5:50AM
peanut42
I think that since you have a lot of people in the house you should do a darker color like chocolate so you can't see a mess.
0 Likes   January 24, 2013 at 7:42AM
Thera
Minus the fact I hate brown :)
0 Likes   January 24, 2013 at 10:23AM
peanut42
Well, then just do any dark color that won't be too much.
0 Likes   January 24, 2013 at 3:43PM
PRO
Thera, not sure if you know about this site, www.homesav.com - it has neat stuff at low prices - you may find some neat stuff that is in your price range. Good Luck.
1 Like   January 25, 2013 at 4:27AM