Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
need help for wall color
wholleyworld
January 21, 2013 in Design Dilemma
can anyone recommend a better wall color to go with this tile?? i have koi pond by sherwin williams on there....and i just repainted it rain washed by sherwin williams...and i do not like either one...i just need a neutral color that will make me happy till i can afford to have the whole room remodeled in a few years! thanks!!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
feeny
What about a very, very pale aqua/turquoise on the walls, and then use some accents in coral or terra cotta around the room? I actually love your floor tile, but I understand that if turquoise is not a color you love it might feel like too much.
January 21, 2013 at 12:05PM     
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
Look at SW 6476 Dewy..it is lighter and the shade is a blue/green. It is a small space so the color reflects against itself and will appear darker. If you use a shower curtain, buy one in a pattern that may have blues & greens. Buy a second one to make a simple flat, faux, roman shade valance. Add a larger piece of art work over the toilet
January 21, 2013 at 12:12PM   
wholleyworld
here is the rainwashed that i painted on saturday....it doesnt match the way i had hoped....i will look at dewy....and i have shower doors...ugh...so i cant use a pretty curtain! maybe i should just put in a new floor for now! and do a total remodel later....?
January 21, 2013 at 12:15PM   
Amanda Lewis
I actually like the Rainwashed color in your bathroom.

I just used a gray in my kitchen color called "Pensive Sky" (Behr) that looked good with the blue of my countertops. It looks nice with white or cream accents. It has the slightest bit of blue-green in it - it's not quite as gray as the thumbnail here: http://www.homedepot.com/buy/paint/paint-colors-paint-samples/behr-premium-plus-8-oz-710e-2-pensive-sky-interior-exterior-paint-sample-710e-2pp.html#.UP2hEid9KDk
January 21, 2013 at 12:15PM   
PRO
Warline Painting Ltd.
I agree that a soft turquoise or blue on the walls would look great here. Maybe BM Wedgewood Gray. If you want a neutral I would do something like BM Lenox Tan or BM Shaker Beige depending on how well it matches and how dark you want to go. The paper bag brown / blue combination is always nice.
January 21, 2013 at 12:18PM     
wholleyworld
funny, i do like the rain washed looking at the photo...but the tile is very aqua in person and in daylight...i dont think it would be too costly to replace the floor...i think i will look into that...i know aqua is a nice color but it is too vibrant to go with my tastes....i have tried vibrant towels bath mats etc just to make myself like it...but i don't ...lol
January 21, 2013 at 12:20PM   
wholleyworld
and i do like the color you have for your kitchen! that looks nice even there with the wood countertop!
January 21, 2013 at 12:21PM   
PRO
Frank Webb's Bath and Lighting Center
You can still put a shower curtain over the shower door, Moen makes a good spring tension one that won't slip down and you won't have to drill into the wall either, that way you can pull the look together with a nice curtain, towels and throw rug!
January 21, 2013 at 12:28PM     
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
I would still make an easy faux roman shade valance (hang to ceiling and overlap the sides of the window) in a patterned fabric. Using the blue and greenish shade. I would not replace the floor until you redo the entire room. I looked at a more bluegreen shade for the wall to not make the floor so dominant. Unless you really are into blue.
January 21, 2013 at 12:38PM   
wholleyworld
i could do that...any suggestions on a blue green wall color then? i did quickly view dewy online but i will actually need to go to the store to see it in person and grab some samples....i also have used ben moore paints...so either brand is fine. By the way, I appreciate all the help here! what about a gold color? idk i am not real fond of gold...just trying to think of anything to offset the aqua floor a bit
January 21, 2013 at 12:46PM   
Amanda Lewis
Thanks! yeah, any color on my walls looks better than what was there.
January 21, 2013 at 12:50PM     
PRO
I like the idea of doing the walls a brown and using a turquoise and brown theme like Warline painting suggested and get a curtain like this one maybe
January 21, 2013 at 12:54PM     
wholleyworld
ooh soo nice! love the new light fixture!
January 21, 2013 at 12:54PM   
Amanda Lewis
Love that shower curtain!

And thanks, that was my old dining room fixture (shiny brass) spraypainted white!
January 21, 2013 at 12:55PM   
Darzy
How about a warm yellow walls with the aqua blue? Then, you can do a nice roman shade in both colors. Here is a yellow/aqua combo sample...
This fabric would look great..the yellow, aqua and gray of the grout.
Thomas Paul Fabric: Dahlia/Aegean

Portfolio 1
January 21, 2013 at 12:55PM     
wholleyworld
i like the idea of brown walls too...but any suggestions on what color or how dark?
January 21, 2013 at 12:56PM   
wholleyworld
i have thought of yellow too...hmmm decisions....color can be so difficult esp when you really just want to remodel, lol! hahaha i had used philadelphia cream in my half bath,...it is now van courtland blue ben moore colors...so pretty....so i could use that yellow again (even though i am not a yellow person) at least it would match...i think thats what i need for now...to ensure everything coordinates , until i can remodel
January 21, 2013 at 1:00PM   
PRO
I have a Behr color chart here (don't judge, Home Depot is right next door to my showroom!) I usually use Benjamin Moore but the Behr color I like is called Cup Of Cocoa
January 21, 2013 at 1:02PM   
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
Try also looking at Ben Moore colors Sweet Honeydew Melon 2033-70 and Creme de Mint 2036-70 these both are a little blue green..also they are quite light, again keep in mind they will look darker on the walls because of the small space. I think a contrasting color will actually highlight the blue tile.
January 21, 2013 at 1:03PM   
Amanda Lewis
BM Revere Pewter is one of their top colors this year...
January 21, 2013 at 1:04PM   
wholleyworld
i love revere pewter, not sure if it would go in the space...i will check it out...as for staying with the blue-green color...then what color accessories could i use? and i will check out cup of cocoa too!
January 21, 2013 at 1:10PM   
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
Blues, brighter greens, grays and white
January 21, 2013 at 1:12PM   
wholleyworld
what about roxbury caramel by ben moore? i want a cozy bathroom...aqua floor tile is a cool color and i dont want to pair it with greens, etc....roxbury is a warm orangy brown..
January 25, 2013 at 1:20PM   
Nicole Zenk
I would actually paint the walls a cream color and then paint the vanity a dark brown-almost black. Pull in colors through pretty patterned towels/mats. I actually really like your floor tiles, they could be so so much worse.
January 25, 2013 at 1:32PM   
More Discussions
Hardwood floors
Hub we recently purchased a 50s modern beach house...
Curtain crisis!
What kind I curtains do I use for not only the space...
New rug - would love advise!
I've been struggling with what kind of rugs to get...
remodeling kitchen
turning existing all sea on room into part of the kitchen...
Transforming garden in Upstate NY
I live on 52 acres of land in Upstate NY. Got infected...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.