Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Struggling with bedroom ideas...
Chase
January 21, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Te first obvious is to replace the horrendous plastic slider blinds. Considering adding faux wood cross beams to give the room a warmer feel. Also considering painting a white white.

Question is what would you start with...or big picture overalls look.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hparks74
Just a few quick questions... What is your style? When was house built? What type of flooring do you have and what kind of budget?
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 7:08PM
judianna20
I would paint the walls and the ceiling one color, light, look at the Bm OC colors. Then that trapezoid won't be so obvious. Hang a curtain rod across the entire wall with panels on either side of the bed which you can pull for privacy.

1 Like   January 21, 2013 at 7:12PM
Chase
I'd say the closet to my and my wife's style is Restoration Hardware-esque. We are looking into converting the whole house to wood floors, but budget-wise that is on hold.
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 7:14PM
Chase
Judy great idea with the curtains! Would you suggest going the whole length of the wall or just to the edges of the bed?
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 7:18PM
hparks74
Ok, I call that eclectic transitional. You have an open pallet. Painting your bedroom the typical sandy tan/taupe is about as boring as watching it dry after you do it. A bedroom should be a place of calmness. I think doing a rustic aged shutter on barn glides would be a great start. You can do this really cheap and if you like to hunt.... your local habitat store offers tons of architectural elements. I live in Nashville and we have 3 just in our city. I like the thought of the faux wood beams. Add the curtains across the wall would only weigh your high ceilings down.
1 Like   January 21, 2013 at 7:31PM
Chase
Ok I think I see what you are getting at...and i think it is a fantastic idea... any examples(I'm starting my search now) :)
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 7:34PM
hparks74
When closed you could actual use this as a head board for your bed since it works under the window. Here is a photo of the concept just a different application
1 Like   January 21, 2013 at 7:36PM
hparks74
You don't have to even be this rustic but it's a great look and really affordable. Would be fantastic with your faux been idea.
1 Like   January 21, 2013 at 7:39PM
Chase
Just found a great looking reputable company that makes the beams http://www.fauxwoodbeams.com/

A little pricey for the lengths I need, but it's definitely a future project must for me.

As for the slider barn door...it's off to the estate/garage sales for this find!
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 8:25PM
hparks74
http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-make-your-own-faux-wood-beams
You might want to check this out as well as this guy on UTube. Jorgeulibarri is his name on Utube. He shows you how to do it. Sorry I could paste the video link but my iPhone was being naughty.
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 9:50PM
PRO
Welcome Home designs

This picture shows two options that might work for your bedroom
One is to make a curtained "headboard" wall
The other is to inset a roman shade into your window - almost looks like art ( with the right fabric)
1 Like   January 21, 2013 at 10:06PM
Chase
@Welcome Home This almost has a hotel feeling too it...which isn't bad by any stretch of the word. I'm concerned with vaulted ceilings though that something this heavy would detract from the lines. Thanks for the suggestion though! I do LOVE those lights
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 8:07AM
PRO
Blinds Direct Canada
Since its not such a large window and its behind your bed I would Recommend going with a room darkening Roman Shade with a Top down Bottom up option . It will really soften up the space and give you a more polished look.
http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/blinds-toronto/roman-blinds.html
https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=roman+shade+top+down+bottom+up&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41248874,d.b2U&biw=944&bih=951&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=-hL_UOXQO-TA2AXC4YC4Dg
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 2:30PM