Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Pool and patio
Brenda Salter
January 21, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I would like to cut the middle out of the little pony wall and add some columns with either bowl fountains or some type of water feature with fire bowls. Change the blue tile and the coping. Since these picture we stamped the concrete but the company that did it did a horrible job. We removed the decks and we have done some landscaping. We also have an outdoor kitchen. I believe we will have to retile the complete patio. My budget is very limited now. Does anyone have any ideas? HELP!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Darzy
If your budget is low, how about installing a patio cover and invest in beautiful furniture? With a cover, can enjoy the patio even when it's raining. Then, your beautiful space/furniture will be an extension of your home and you won't have to worry about cushions in the weather. Outdoor area rugs, large ceramic pots of flowers and a portable fireplace. I'd also recommend outdoor lighting to uplight your new landscaping/trees. I'd put palms/flowers behind your "wall" with ground level lights shining up. Hidden lighting always looks more appealing and professional. If there is budget left, then I'd check into the cost of changing your pool.

I say this because it is no easy task (and very expensive) to modify a current pool to add a water feature/plumbing/pump system.
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 11:06PM
Brenda Salter
Thanks for your input, here are a few updated pics. As yo can see we really have to do something with the pool.
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 11:35PM
Brenda Salter
A few more pics.
1 Like   January 21, 2013 at 11:37PM
Darzy
When we had our pool resurfaced and new tile, the least expensive water feature available was the "spicket" kind shooting from the ground (ours actually is embedded in the concrete). We also stamped/stain concrete the entire area, including the coping. Here is the water feature we did and we love it. You can adjust high/low the arc of the water. BTW..you've done a LOT a work since your first photo. Nicely done! Instead of fire bowls at the pool area. How about a portable gel fireplace?
Contemporary II
The Vidabelo
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 12:10PM
mmilos
The cheapest thing to do would be to add some portable fire bowls and have them sit on the tiled ledge on the back of your pool. Restoration Hardware has some: http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod1677181&categoryId=cat1696071

You could use gel fuel or perhaps drill a hole in the base and have a plumber install natural gas lines to them.

I'm getting my pool and concrete done as we speak...expensive even without adding fountains. :-)

If you do add fountains, you need to monitor your pool pH levels more carefully...fountains add aeration and aeration increases pH levels.
1 Like   January 22, 2013 at 12:22PM
Brenda Salter
Thanks for your comments. Great job and ideas. I will post pics as we progress. We already stamped our concrete but the guy that did it did a horrible job and the color he used looks like dirt and did a horrible job. Looks likemwemmay have to redo it. Ugh...... Looking forward to enjoying our pool and backyard.
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 5:58PM
More Discussions
Curb appeal
About to place my bungalow up for rent. Looking for...
Contents of kitchen cabinets with glass front
What do people put in there other than mugs and china...
Need exterior ideas!
Keeping the siding for now on our new house. What would...
Need help with matching a couch and what colours would go???
Hi there I really need help on matching my furniture...
Backsplash Help!
Hello there, Our kitchen remodeling has finally...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.