powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
How to restructure/renovate kitchen to include adjacent breakfast room, hallway & shelves
kkkmsey
January 22, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Need ideas & creative suggestions for renovating our kitchen which currently has limited counter space, little storage and no drawers. Located next to a nice-sized "breakfast room" (pictured) as well as a hallway & shelves (out of the range of these photos) which could easily be removed to create a more open space & floor plan. Trying to work w/a limited budget and open to putting in sweat equity and locating eco-friendly/salvaged elements. Any and all thoughts/suggestions welcome. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
TanCalGal
Not sure what the question is. R U gutting the area? Buying new cabinets? Other photos?
January 24, 2013 at 7:55PM   
kkkmsey
Thanks, depending on costs, we would likely likely gut the area to make better use of all adjacent space...I've attached other pix and floor plan which shows all kinds of "unused" space all around the kitchen, including hallway, shelves, extra doorway (which we could eliminate) and most significantly the breakfast room & pantry.
January 25, 2013 at 12:12PM   
kkkmsey
thanks, will check that out!
January 27, 2013 at 9:57AM   
Jean Tuck
like countertop very much.
One area of the closet might be used opened up to be tall enough to hold broom , mop and bucket s for cleaning but closed in.
January 27, 2013 at 10:02AM   
groveraxle
Take out these three walls, evaluate how you want your kitchen to function, and go from there.
January 27, 2013 at 10:16AM     
thislittlehouse
I agree completely with groveraxle! Except I would also take out the hallway wall. There are too many little rooms chopped up with jutting out walls, cupboards, and precious floor space given to hallways! Clean up the floor plan first.

It looks like the room behind the stove is the living room? It would be nice to have some flow through the house: kitchen, to meals area, to living room. So I would put your table in your current kitchen space - you would then be able to keep your (very organized!) "mudroom" area. Put a completely redesigned kitchen in the newly acquired open space where the dining table is currently.
January 27, 2013 at 3:56PM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.