Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
How to Utilize this space best
Kim Kapellusch
January 22, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Should there be two night stands or one?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Kira Nguyen
The window on the right seems like a great space for a small window seat! or maybe a lounge chair? It would be fantastic to sit there and read a book :) Also, I'd add a rug to warm up the space and some artwork.

Please share photos when you've finished!
January 22, 2013 at 6:04PM   
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
I'd want a night stand with a lamp if this happens to be a guest room and you invite me to stay. It doesn't have to match the other night stand...a small round table would suit me fine, with a swing arm lamp mounted on the wall above.

Then I'd love to see shutters on the windows or roman shades because I'm not going to stay there with nothing on the windows! And since I'm being picky, how about a rug as Kira suggested? Add to that a chair in the unseen portion of the room on which I can throw my robe. And, oh, I would enjoy some Greek yogurt and granola for breakfast, please.
January 22, 2013 at 6:15PM   
jjandhk
It's maybe just a personal preference thing, but I would like to create balance by having 2 nightstands and lamps--they do not necessarily have to be matchy-matchy....
January 22, 2013 at 6:16PM   
Jayme H.
I like two...
January 22, 2013 at 6:25PM   
decoenthusiaste
I think Kim Nguyen is right - window seats in bedrooms are great! However I would put a corner one on the side where you now have your night stand, and move the stand to the single window side of the bed.
North Berkeley Hills Bathroom Remodel
Bedroom
January 22, 2013 at 6:26PM   
PRO
I'd rather climb in bed and read.
January 22, 2013 at 6:30PM     
PRO
Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
I think if you centered the bed under the painting, and put fabric roman shades on the windows, you should definitely have a table each side of the bed. It can sit in front of the window a little.
January 22, 2013 at 6:42PM   
anitajoyce
Two nightstands. So that both sides of the bed are balanced.
January 22, 2013 at 6:59PM   
PRO
Maison Pompeii Antiques and Interiors
I would place two tables on either side of the bed. They do not need to match but should have a drawer. Also I do like a chair(can be a straight back) up near the bed to put my robe on rather than across the room. I do think that the lamps should match and they can be at the same height by using books if one table is lower than the other. A rug would tie the whole thing together. I also like to use a rug under the foot of the bed, a 8X10 or 9X12 and then use a small oriental mat on either side of the bed. These do not need to match. For sure you are going to need some type of window covering, shades or shears or drapes or all of the above. A nice long bench at the foot of the bed gives you a place to put the bedspread when you turn it down. would love to see what you decide.
January 22, 2013 at 7:19PM   
More Discussions
How to get the look I want for my living room/kitchen
Hello! I am looking for some help with my living...
Giant Gator Art?
First, thank you to GroverAxle who helped me get started...
Paint House, New Front Door and Adding Curb Appeal
I do not like the brick and was think of painting the...
CJ
Cant get the paint color right! Help choose a color scheme.
Having a very hard time picking out pain color scheme...
Family room needs help
Not sure if coffee table suits the room. Looking for...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.