Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Kitchen counters
nilysteinberg
January 22, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are starting a home renovation and I am trying to wrap my head around a lot of info. It seems that a lot of people are veering away from granite, and are choosing Ceasar stone or Quartz. I am curious what people think the best options are. BTW our house is a 1920's California Spanish home. What would you choose for counter tops...and flooring if you have thoughts. I don't want wood floors because I think they are impractical. I am considering terra cotta tiles or faux wood tiles. I am really excited but overwhelmed.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nilysteinberg
I mean that I don't want wood floors in the kitchen. Through out the rest of the house, we are planning to have wood flooring.
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 5:27PM
Christen Hill
In a house like that, terra cotta tiles would be great. A little traditional, but still great. Maybe a slightly different idea but same old world feel would be brick tiles (or faux brick tiles). Personally, I would definitely pick quartz over granite. Seems to have more perks and less cons. As for color of countertop, that would depend on the rest of the house and kitchen.
1 Like   January 22, 2013 at 5:59PM
PRO
Joni Koenig Interiors
In a house of this size you can incorporate both wood and tile floors. For counters I would stick with a quartz product for ease of maintenance. You could use decorative tiles at the backsplash to bring in more character.
1 Like   January 22, 2013 at 6:01PM
More Discussions
Help my wall!
I was given these framed images by my grandfather who...
dolphinbaby
Kitchen counter help
We are planning on painting the cupboards white, installing...
raybran
alcove help
I have 3 of these off the main long living kitchen...
Deana Hamel
My kitchen is so dull. help!!
There is so much empty space above the cabinets and...
leaseghi
My livingroom needs help! Bay windows opposite fireplace challence...
We bought a house with a big livingroom where we would...
krickelina
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.