Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Kitchen counters
nilysteinberg
January 22, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are starting a home renovation and I am trying to wrap my head around a lot of info. It seems that a lot of people are veering away from granite, and are choosing Ceasar stone or Quartz. I am curious what people think the best options are. BTW our house is a 1920's California Spanish home. What would you choose for counter tops...and flooring if you have thoughts. I don't want wood floors because I think they are impractical. I am considering terra cotta tiles or faux wood tiles. I am really excited but overwhelmed.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nilysteinberg
I mean that I don't want wood floors in the kitchen. Through out the rest of the house, we are planning to have wood flooring.
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 5:27PM
Christen Hill
In a house like that, terra cotta tiles would be great. A little traditional, but still great. Maybe a slightly different idea but same old world feel would be brick tiles (or faux brick tiles). Personally, I would definitely pick quartz over granite. Seems to have more perks and less cons. As for color of countertop, that would depend on the rest of the house and kitchen.
1 Like   January 22, 2013 at 5:59PM
PRO
Joni Koenig Interiors
In a house of this size you can incorporate both wood and tile floors. For counters I would stick with a quartz product for ease of maintenance. You could use decorative tiles at the backsplash to bring in more character.
1 Like   January 22, 2013 at 6:01PM
More Discussions
Let's play with my Snazzy Garottage project
We're building a carriage house (we prefer the term...
Living room
If I use white crown moulding, and I have varnished...
Garden design ideas
Hi all I have a garden that is roughly half an acre...
How to hide closet doors
I am looking for suggestions on how to hide these doors....
Need help room that serves as a sitting area and dinning room
I've had 3 different designers (not from houzz) that...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.