Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Do these sconces work here???
lucykr
January 22, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Please, tell me your honest opinion if these sconces work here. If not, what kind of light will work with this vanity and this mirror??? Appliances are satin nickel. Thank you!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
The sconces are a bit contemporary for the hardware, but it is a bit pixilated so I can't be sure.
January 22, 2013 at 6:43PM     
lucykr
Oh! I have this vanity and mirror, but did not buy faucet yet! Shower head and vanity handles are satin nickel!
January 22, 2013 at 6:47PM   
ninnyb1
From the photo it looks like they may be a bit out of scale, or maybe just too close to mirror? Nice choices all around though :)
January 22, 2013 at 6:58PM     
PRO
LB Interiors
I think they are great. Sleek, contemporary with flair. All you need now is some color in the room with wall paint, accessories and towels etc. A handpainted leafy vine would bring the outdoors in. Soft, soothing colors.
Traditional Bathroom Upper Brookville #53 - Owner - Los Altos Vine Mural by Lorraine Blasetti
January 22, 2013 at 7:12PM     
PRO
Scott Design, Inc.
They are nice with the vanity but they seem to be too low or the mirror is too high. I can't tell...just be sure to pay attention to their height...GENERAL guideline, the center of the bulb is at 66" off floor as well as positioned approx 1/3 down from the top of the mirror. But stand back and look at these relationships to see if these heights fit your situation... sconce height and preferences.
January 22, 2013 at 7:25PM     
lucykr
You are right. Thank you! I copied and pasted them, so that's why they are out of scale :) My concern is if I am creating any ugly mix of styles? My bedroom is 5th avenue neo classic from Bassett, and I am still wandering in the dark trying to understand what style I am up to. Both bedroom and bathroom are very small. Color is still a dilemma also. I was looking at this combination for bath and to redo bedroom as well...But I love this picture with blue!
January 22, 2013 at 7:26PM   
PRO
LB Interiors
There are many styles that work well together. Don't be afraid to trust what you like. Once it is in the room, you will know if you like it or not. If you hesitate, then it probably will not work for you. Trust your eye and your emotions. Good Luck! Neo classic elegance in photo. You may like it or not, but you will certainly have an emotion about this room.

January 22, 2013 at 7:51PM     
PRO
Elaine M. Rushlow C.K.D.
Down lighting would be better the sconces are projecting the light upward making it harder to see to do make up etc., ensure your lighting is proportionate to the rest of the vanity I agree they looked a little low.
January 22, 2013 at 7:57PM     
lucykr
Thank you girls!
January 22, 2013 at 8:04PM   
lucykr
Is this one also OK?
January 22, 2013 at 8:23PM     
PRO
Elaine M. Rushlow C.K.D.
Not sure where you live check out Bellacor lighting or www.overstock.ca
January 22, 2013 at 8:40PM   
lucykr
California, Bay Area Thank you, will check right now.
January 22, 2013 at 9:08PM   
PRO
LB Interiors
I think the 2nd option for lighting looks a little ordinary. I liked the housing style of the 1st one better. Yes, down lights are best. You may want to check out Lamps Plus online.
January 22, 2013 at 11:45PM     
sjkingston
the first ones look great.
January 23, 2013 at 12:14AM     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.