Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Trim color
Heather Goebel
January 23, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Believe it or not the ceiling is suppose to be Latte by Sherwin Williams, walls are Hopsack. After several color samples on the ceiling we settled for this, the ceiling picked up the undertones of the color and made it the primary color, with that being said, I need suggestions on a trim color that would be throughout the house, the whole house is either hopsack, or on the warm brown side. Also, the furniture is going to be brown, and accents on the dark orange/rust side to pick up the hues in the fireplace.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
TanCalGal
R U painting the stained trim?
SW: Divine White might be good, but I'm not clear on what U R painting.
January 29, 2013 at 9:05PM   
wmpj
Benjamin Moore's White Dove would look good. It's not a bright white and goes with many colors.
January 29, 2013 at 9:29PM     
Heather Goebel
Thanks for the advice, yes I was planning on painting the stained trim but......once I start there is no going back, still on the fence, Ive considered both colors, so Im glad Im on the right track.
January 31, 2013 at 4:14AM   
sjbld
Sherwin Williams (used to be Duron) Dover White is a beautiful rich creamy white. It would pop against your walls but not be so stark as a bright white. Good luck!
January 31, 2013 at 5:02AM   
TanCalGal
White trim will make the room look better in many ways, but paint is higher maintenance. I've had stained trim in one of my houses, and opted to not paint the trim b/c of maintenance issues.

Here is a good article on choosing paint colors http://www.lindaholtinteriors.com/2011/07/testing-wall-color-101/

I went to the SW site before saying Divine White. I chose DW b/c it is listed on SW as a warm neutral and is a part of the palette 4 warm neutrals Latte & Hopsack. Dover White is a great white, but is a "cool neutral with gray & green" undertones. I would not mix warm neutrals with cool neutrals.
January 31, 2013 at 9:24AM   
Heather Goebel
I definately see what your saying about warm neutrals and cool neutrals, I dont want the trim to stand out. As Im looking through all the pics on the website ( Im so addicted!!!) I think I might leave the trim alone, your right about the maintenance (and the work) Sometimes when your focused on one thing in a room thats all your eye see's..... Maybe Ill start working on getting some color in there next, thank you so much for your help!!!!!!
February 2, 2013 at 5:41PM   
tbpeterman
Try leaving it for now, but change the fan to a darker color that blends in the trim by way of the blades and the fireplaces with the Fran's hardware. This is was I did because I did not fancy our trim. The blades flipped over are a darker color that I may use if I change our trim color.
February 3, 2013 at 6:26AM     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.